The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » What items do you lose most often? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
nwanstall
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of nwanstall
I've been lucky enough so far not to loose anything. It seems like it's just a matter of time though!
Nemesus
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Nemesus
I lost one or two gimmicked cards and a billiard ball, but that was it.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Sponge balls, sponge bunnies and thumb tips. The former because the buggers seem to have a habit of working their way from your pockets- especially if there's anything else in there, the latter through my own stupidity.

I've since learned that if I'm carrying sponge anything, NOTHING else goes in that pocket. Period.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Sponge balls. Other items tend to become misplaced around the house. My wife will move something, then a piece or part becomes separated from the other parts of the trick.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5942 Posts

Profile of george1953
I have lost countless sponge items over the years, they just seem to vanish out of my pocket.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Rodney
View Profile
New user
Texas
40 Posts

Profile of Rodney
I have spent a few gimmick coins.
Jeffini
View Profile
New user
Atlanta
52 Posts

Profile of Jeffini
I had a case table with half my show stolen back in the eighties. Was picking up a uhaul trailer and had to set the props outside of the hatch back... Just forgot to put it back in. When I realized it half an hour later and returned, it was gone for good. Someone in Louisville picked up a great show. Took a while to replace it all.

The one gimmick I have lost three times is the one that keeps my break away wand straight. It always goes in the same pocket, but just disappears. I suppose that's real magic.
MagicKingdom10
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of MagicKingdom10
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2014, Ray Bertrand wrote:
Of all the things I've lost... I miss my mind the most.

Ray

Hahahahahahaha I lost mine too
It's one of those things you can't ever get back.
I can't say I miss it though Smile
I Love You God Smile
poolside
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Florida
68 Posts

Profile of poolside
Gaffed coins by far and that can get very expensive. They get mixed in with regular change and you just have to hope it's not too big a pile you have to work through. If the gaff coins make it to the change jar, you are doomed. I regularly scan my pocket change with a good magnet now to make sure magnetic ones can't escape me. Smile
"It's a good feeling to know you're alive" - Fred Rogers
WhoDeanie
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of WhoDeanie
I have lost (and later found) the same TUC three times now. Still looking for it this last time. :-(
Magically yours,

Dean Burgess
JayHedrick
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of JayHedrick
Gaffed coins as well lol.. I always beat myself up about. Like "how stupid can I be"? ... Then do it again a few months later. I've often thought of how many trick coins are in circulation without anyone knowing.. You know it has to be a lot
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
TTs all day long. Ever seen a TT with feet? That would be mine, and he's late for dinner.
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
Shadowstalker
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Shadowstalker
I seem pretty lucky then I only lose playing cards.
Smile

When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable.
Teller
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
That's one thing I don't lose. In fact, if anything, I have TOO MANY decks!
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
Gill
View Profile
New user
leaning on
48 Posts

Profile of Gill
I keep losing a vital part of Ignition. The part is supposed to be glued on, but it keeps falling off every now and then. I usually don't carry Ignition with me, but when I do, I always lose that part.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
My marbles.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
Sometimes I will lose a silk at a show.
Todd
WhoDeanie
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of WhoDeanie
Sometimes its as if my silver has wings...
Magically yours,

Dean Burgess
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Sharpies. I buy them in the boxes now.

:o)
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
jclightman
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jclightman
Spending the gaffes coins by accident is always a fear of mine. I haven't done it yet.

However, I've purposefully had to spend a Hundy many times? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » What items do you lose most often? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL