The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Dynamike On The Judge Mathis Show (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
I talked to Dynamike and got his blessing before posting this topic. Saw bits and pieces of Dynamike on the Judge Mathis show. He did a magic trick for the courtroom. I couldn't catch the entire magic trick because I was switching between his show and the Olympic ice hockey game. Even though in the end, the judge permitted Dynamike to go back and get his equipment, it goes to show, that even if you are a magician, yes, you can still find yourself embroiled in a lawsuit concerning show business or other unrelated things (maybe you get sused outside the operation of your business for a car wreck that was your fault and your insurance policy doesn't cover all your bills and the plaintiff might decide to try to go after your business assets for example). I will say it's a good idea to talk to an attorney anytime you go into business, even if it's as a magician in show business. I have had some people say "Who's going to sue a magician!? No-one is going to sue a magician so there is no need to talk to an attorney!" Famous last words. Anyway, seems the courtroom enjoyed Dynamike's magic trick given the reaction and the judge talked about hiring him.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1054 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
Very cool! Way to go Dynamike!
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Oh snap!

That was cool! Looked it up on youtube.
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2014-02-21 17:20, General_Magician wrote:
even if you are a magician, yes, you can still find yourself embroiled in a lawsuit concerning show business or other unrelated things (maybe you get sused outside the operation of your business for a car wreck that was your fault and your insurance policy doesn't cover all your bills and the plaintiff might decide to try to go after your business assets for example). I will say it's a good idea to talk to an attorney anytime you go into business, even if it's as a magician in show business.

That is why LLC is important. If someone tries to sue you dealing with your business, your personal assets are protected. They can not get your personal car, house, etc. They can only get your business items if they win.

Thank you. Theodore, do you have a link connecting it to Youtube?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2227 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Outstanding performance Mike! I predict your business will increase now that you are a celebrity!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
pickin_grinnin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
144 Posts

Profile of pickin_grinnin
So, did you get your equipment back?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Yes I did get it back. He and his buddy were suppose to add the touch ups (fogger and strobe lights) to my Flash Appearance. I paid in advance when they came to pick it up. They never returned it. He would not return my calls. I did not know his address until I did some investigating.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2682 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey Mike how do the shows work? Do they pay the participants to be on the show? It says in disclaimers something about the parties being paid out of a money pool or something along those lines. Can the show legally enforce payment or garnish wages etc., or do you have to go after the money collection in a civil court afterwards?
I'm just really curious how those shows work.
Brand New: - MICRO VANISHING STATUE OF LIBERTY ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I will send you a PM.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Interesting. Nice to see you carrying yourself well in court.

Can't beat air time that included some classic magic. Judge,bailiff and courtroom liked it and you.

To bad you didn't win. But in the long run I am guessing it was time well spent.

Harris
Still too old to know it all
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I can use the clipping of me performing the magic as a promo.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2014-02-21 21:17, Dynamike wrote:
I can use the clipping of me performing the magic as a promo.

Yes that's the kind of advertising I would want, letting the world see me in a courtroom. Would that promo advertisement be that you can to sue them, or you can be sued, you or to hire you?

BTW... Nice Suit
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
That is why LLC is important. If someone tries to sue you dealing with your business, your personal assets are protected. They can not get your personal car, house, etc. They can only get your business items if they win.

Thank you. Theodore, do you have a link connecting it to Youtube?

LLC is important AND a good contract drafted by a lawyer to use with the LLC (you should also pay a lawyer to draft up your Operating Agreement for your LLC and your Articles of Organization, don't rely on things like Legal Zoom or Law Depot). Without a contract both you and your LLC can be sued. I am not a lawyer, so it's best to get your own legal advice. Having a partner with a small percentage of your business also helps too, but again, talk to a lawyer and get your own legal advice. Things vary from state to state. In the long run, even though the legal fees are expensive up front, you are better off paying now rather than paying far more later.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9488 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Quote:
On 2014-02-21 18:52, Ken Northridge wrote:
Outstanding performance Mike! I predict your business will increase now that you are a celebrity!

Ken
If Mike needed an appearance on the Mathis show to become a celebrety then how do we get on judge Judy?

Maury Povich is out as because don't have any kids Smile
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1047 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Cool!
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Does the Judge Mathis show permit you to use a clipping from the show as a promotional? You might want to see if they are willing to sign a release before you use a clipping for commercial purposes.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Good question.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-02-21 22:51, Dynamike wrote:
Good question.

Thanks for sharing and also, thanks for bringing some entertainment into the usually serious courtroom. You can tell you enjoy performing when you do so in a courtroom during a case.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Dynamike,

Judge Mathis is a pretty cool judge because he let you perform two magic tricks. The large sponge bunnies on the bailiff, and then the invisible card routine. I like that the selected card had a red back while the rest had a blue backs. Did you ask the show ahead of time if you could perform a couple of tricks? The audience also clapped after each trick. It was more fun than Judge Judy!!!

I am glad you got your illusion back. I noticed they used your real names... what magic name does the guy with the red hair go by?

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Dynamike On The Judge Mathis Show (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL