The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Dynamike On The Judge Mathis Show (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Mike, you didn't win. The judge made it quite clear he didn't believe aspects of your story and he would not give you the judgement. I suggest you watch the show again.

You did the magic well, though. I enjoyed that part.
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Everybody won here especially the audience. Well done Mike.
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
I enjoyed the magic too, and the reactions it got. But Mike, come on man, you changed your story at least three times. You told the judge that the other guy didn't bring your prop to the theater. He claimed he did and you stipulated to it. Lie #1. You claimed that you were not allowed to go to his house to get your prop back. But in the tape that you yourself provided, the aunt was heard to demand that you go get it. Lie #2. Then you told the judge you were afraid to go back because many people told you she was afraid of "the three black men" who came to her house. Again, that was proved to be a lie. And why you went to get your prop in a car that you knew would be too small just makes no sense.

You sued the guy for $4,000+ dollars and the judge just laughed at you and said, "No way." Guess what, that means you lost.

Everything you tried to prove against the other guy and his aunt really proved that you lied. Sorry Mike, you have absolutely no credibility.

But you got a great edited clip and the TV show got its ratings (and maybe a lot of YouTube views from the way too many thread about it on the Café) and that's what it's all about, right? Truth be danmed.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On , Dynamike wrote:
People also don't know I have a long reach.

I don't understand what that means.

BTW, regardless of how you guys perceive this (win, lose or draw) it can only be good for Mike. He came off looking like an interesting guy, the celebrity judge proclaimed him to be a nice guy who would not be intimidating to anyone, and he has some good footage. I don't see how this can by anything but positive for his business.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On , Dynamike wrote:
People also don't know I have a long reach.

Quote:
Starrpower wrote:

I don't understand what that means.

I am not sure what Dynamike means by that either. What did you mean by that Mike?
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On , Bazinga wrote:
I enjoyed the magic too, and the reactions it got. But Mike, come on man, you changed your story at least three times. You told the judge that the other guy didn't bring your prop to the theater. He claimed he did and you stipulated to it. Lie #1. You claimed that you were not allowed to go to his house to get your prop back. But in the tape that you yourself provided, the aunt was heard to demand that you go get it. Lie #2. Then you told the judge you were afraid to go back because many people told you she was afraid of "the three black men" who came to her house. Again, that was proved to be a lie. And why you went to get your prop in a car that you knew would be too small just makes no sense.

You sued the guy for $4,000+ dollars and the judge just laughed at you and said, "No way." Guess what, that means you lost.

Everything you tried to prove against the other guy and his aunt really proved that you lied. Sorry Mike, you have absolutely no credibility.

But you got a great edited clip and the TV show got its ratings (and maybe a lot of YouTube views from the way too many thread about it on the Café) and that's what it's all about, right? Truth be danmed.

In my opinion Mike and the other guy had worked it out way before the date of the show, but had to show up to get the " witness fees" what ever that is along with TV exposure.

The discussion here on the café has been who won, who lost, or who had the best tricks (Mike won that one)but it was a TV show and not a real court of law and the loser would not have to pay a judgment to the winner of the case; the show provides a fund that is divided depending on the facts of the judges explanation and ruling.

Mike made the correct decision to accept the Judge Mathis show that would treat him with respect, Judge Judy is an out of control maniac on the show and would never survive as a judge in a real court by disrespecting lawyers, plaintiffs and defendants, ignoring the law and judging cases based on her personal beliefs , Judy maintains her ratings on her TV show because people like to see her rant and rave.

I rest my case
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
In my opinion Mike and the other guy had worked it out way before the date of the show, but had to show up to get the " witness fees" what ever that is along with TV exposure.

The discussion here on the café has been who won, who lost, or who had the best tricks (Mike won that one)but it was a TV show and not a real court of law and the loser would not have to pay a judgment to the winner of the case; the show provides a fund that is divided depending on the facts of the judges explanation and ruling.

Mike made the correct decision to accept the court show that would treat him with respect, Judge Judy is an out of control maniac on the show and would never survive as a judge in a real court by disrespecting lawyers, plaintiffs and defendants, ignoring the law and judging cases based on her personal beliefs , Judy maintains her ratings on her TV show because people like to see her rant and rave.

I rest my case

I agree. I like to watch Judge Judy rant and rave as long as I am not the one on that show on the receiving end of those rant and ravings. But love watching her show LOL! I had to laugh one time where this guy got a tattoo on his arm or somethign that said "Only Judge Judy can judge me." What a trip! LOL! I think he was somebody who made an appearance on her show. I doubt that real judges act the way Judge Judy acts in a real court but you never know. I know you certainly don't want to make the judge mad though I am sure in real court.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4617 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Judge Judy is nearly ALWAYS spot on the money. She gives sound practical advice, and tears apart idiots.

She's a human lie detector, over and over again she points out the lies that she hears.

"An out of control maniac" is the very last way I'd think to describe her.

As to Mike's case, no he didn't win, as he wasn't awarded any compensation...it certainly came across to me as if these two guys just said to each other: "how about we go on a TV Courtroom show, and get a free holiday, some spending money, and free TV airtime."

They both came away looking like reasonably nice people...which, of course, is less entertaining than if one of them had committed a serious breach of contract (or whatever), and the other was the completely innocent victim.

In my opinion, Mike could have simply arranged with the local police to accompany him to collect his stuff. But he wanted to be on TV.

Otherwise, it seems really odd to me, to sue somebody for permission to collect some stuff which they want you to collect. And, if he'd collected the prop, and the work was unfinished, then he would have a real case to sue, unless his money was voluntarily returned.

Yeah, it's purely entertainment, as far as I'm concerned, and Mike did well. I also think he was quite lucky, it could easily have turned out another way. You have to be very careful agreeing these kinds of TV appearances - the producers are only interested in ratings. They will just as quickly decide to paint you as saint or sinner.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
In my opinion, Mike could have simply arranged with the local police to accompany him to collect his stuff. But he wanted to be on TV.

The local police are not always willing to do that. So what do you do then to get your stuff back? Small claims court can also cost money too if you wish to go to small claims court to get your stuff back.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Remember there are always 2-Sides to every story and right now you are only hearing 1-Side.

Mike, you LOST the Case. And you also admitted that when you went to Keri's Aunts House that your Illusion was in the back of his Hearse that he uses for his Haunted House Show. Why did you choose Judge Mathis? Because he is from Detroit and you thought that homeboy might look out for you since you were from the same town.

The Judge also made YOU go and pick up the Illusion and NOT the other way around.

YES, you got some great footage. But if you were in a REAL Courtroom in Detroit and tried to perform magic you would have been held in contempt of court.

So why did you do this? Simple, to get a FREE Vacation and some money out of the deal. It is pathetic that you could not take this up in court in Detroit.

BOTH of you actually WON as like I stated you got a FREE Vacation. And this was probably your first time ever out of Detroit.

And the Illusion was at the Venue as I was at that Venue and saw the Illusion myself. And your words at the time were "I do not have time to perform that Illusion right now" and the Illusion was left at the venue and they were going to toss it so Keri came and picked it up and took it to his Aunts House.

What a SAD Day this was for Detroit once again.

RP
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On , General_Magician wrote:
So what do you do then to get your stuff back? Small claims court can also cost money too if you wish to go to small claims court to get your stuff back.

Mike did file a real small claims case; it's the method the TV shows producers use to find and book real people to appear on the show; the producers go to the county clerks office and view the upcoming court cases to contact the people involved and offer to book them.

The people involved are required to agree to have the small claims court dismissed appear on the show and abide by the decision of the TV judge. The production company pays the prevailing party and the losing party is not held liable or required to reimburse the winner of the case for the judges decision.

I think you can contact the show directly to be a contestant, but I'm not 100% sure of this.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
Mike did file a real small claims case; it's the method the TV shows producers use to find and book real people to appear on the show; the producers go to the county clerks office and view the upcoming court cases to contact the people involved and offer to book them.

The people involved are required to agree to have the small claims court dismissed appear on the show and abide by the decision of the TV judge. The production company pays the prevailing party and the losing party is not held liable or required to reimburse the winner of the case for the judges decision.

I think you can contact the show directly to be a contestant, but I'm not 100% sure of this.

Ahh OK. But I also know that if you want to file a small claims case, you have to pay. So it depends on how much your case is worth before deciding whether it's worth going to small claims court or not. Plus, before going to small claims court, you probably want proof and evidence to back up your side of the story. If you don't have the proof or evidence (even if you are truly the wronged side) then you have no case and you are wasting money and time going to small claims court.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
I was in small claims court onetime and it was nothing like it is on TV. The judge heard both sides and asked a few questions. He then said we would get the ruling by mail. Cuts way down on the drama of the whole deal and insures that the litigants don't get in a fight in the courthouse. Probably wouldn't make a very good show for TV.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On , gimpy2 wrote:
I was in small claims court onetime and it was nothing like it is on TV. The judge heard both sides and asked a few questions. He then said we would get the ruling by mail. Cuts way down on the drama of the whole deal and insures that the litigants don't get in a fight in the courthouse. Probably wouldn't make a very good show for TV.

You mean there is no Judge Judy person ranting and raving at you and berating you in court? LOL! I still like watching her show LOL! Give em hell Judge Judy!

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
Quote:

Ahh OK. But I also know that if you want to file a small claims case, you have to pay. So it depends on how much your case is worth before deciding whether it's worth going to small claims court or not. Plus, before going to small claims court, you probably want proof and evidence to back up your side of the story. If you don't have the proof or evidence (even if you are truly the wronged side) then you have no case and you are wasting money and time going to small claims court.

Normally it costs about $50.00 to file a small claims lawsuit and serve the defendant with the summons to appear; if you win, the court fees are reimbursed as part of the award; you receive the amount awarded to you by the judge, plus all court fees... if you lose you do not receive court fees
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
Normally it costs about $50.00 to file a small claims lawsuit and serve the defendant with the summons to appear; if you win, the court fees are reimbursed as part of the award; you receive the amount awarded to you by the judge, plus all court fees... if you lose you do not receive court fees

It depends on where you live. Some places might be $50.00 while others may be cheaper or more expensive. I would assume the loser of the case, if it's the defendant, would probably have to list his assets in case it is necessary to foreclose on any of those assets to pay off and satisfy the judgement in the event the defendant doesn't have the cash to pay off the judgement. Of course, the judge could award a higher amount than just merely compensating you the lose of anything of value, you never know. That's why it's better not to be on the receiving end of a successful lawsuit. Really, lawsuits can become a nasty business and the lawyers are usually the only ones that come out the winners in the end.

That's why, I just prefer to stay out of court all together and do my best to protect my assets from lawsuits while dealing with others fairly. Usually if I have a problem, I will find a way to settle the problem without the need of going to court in a civilized manner (and I like to keep that resolution legal and lawful of course, but sometimes you have to come up with crafty creative, yet still legal and lawful ways to deal with people who want to be a dirt bag about things rather than civilized, which I have done that before quite honestly and the resolution came about to my satisfaction in the end without the need of the court getting involved). I just don't like the idea of going to court at all. Which I am very careful that whatever solutions I come up with when dealing with dirt bags want cause me to end up in court too of course and that those solutions are legal and lawful. There are ways around everything without having to resort to court or getting yourself in trouble to where you end up in court yourself.

Most people are good and decent. So long as you treat them fairly and you treat them well, they will do the same for you.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2259 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
It should be noted that winning the case (in many jurisdictions) doesn't guarantee getting paid. The only thing the small claims court can do is rule in your favor. Then, it's up to you to pursue various means to collect on said ruling. The small claims court doesn't do it for you.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3272 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
Quote:

It depends on where you live. Some places might be $50.00 while others may be cheaper or more expensive. I would assume the loser of the case, if it's the defendant, would probably have to list his assets in case it is necessary to foreclose on any of those assets to pay off and satisfy the judgement in the event the defendant doesn't have the cash to pay off the judgement. Of course, the judge could award a higher amount than just merely compensating you the lose of anything of value, you never know. That's why it's better not to be on the receiving end of a successful lawsuit. Really, lawsuits can become a nasty business and the lawyers are usually the only ones that come out the winners in the end.

That's why, I just prefer to stay out of court all together and do my best to protect my assets from lawsuits while dealing with others fairly. Usually if I have a problem, I will find a way to settle the problem without the need of going to court in a civilized manner (and I like to keep that resolution legal and lawful of course, but sometimes you have to come up with crafty creative, yet still legal and lawful ways to deal with people who want to be a dirt bag about things rather than civilized, which I have done that before quite honestly and the resolution came about to my satisfaction in the end without the need of the court getting involved). I just don't like the idea of going to court at all. Which I am very careful that whatever solutions I come up with when dealing with dirt bags want cause me to end up in court too of course and that those solutions are legal and lawful. There are ways around everything without having to resort to court or getting yourself in trouble to where you end up in court yourself.

Most people are good and decent. So long as you treat them fairly and you treat them well, they will do the same for you.

Yes, it's why I said it normally costs about $50.00 some counties are a little more, some counties are a little less to file papers.

Just remember if you stay out of court altogether, you can't get cool promotional videos like Mike got...
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
This is directed at Howie Diddot:

Mike, could not have filed a Small Claims Suit in Michigan as he was Suing for $ 4000.00. In the State of Michigan the amount that you can sue for in Small Claims Court is $ 3,000.00. If it is over that amount you must take it to a higher court or Lower the amount that you are suing for. The filing Fee in Michigan is right around $ 120.00 for the Paper Work and the Process Server.

It is my opinion that Mike contacted The Judge Mathis Shows as Judge Greg Mathis is from Detroit Born and Raised here. He got on the wrong side of the law but cleaned up his act and became a Judge. And then he got his own TV Show.

Here is the Law Stated in Michigan:

Michigan Small Claims Court Information

What is the Maximum amount I can sue for in Michigan?

The Michigan Small Claims Court limit is $3,000.. This means that the maximum you can sue for in Michigan are these limits and if your dispute exceeds these amounts you cannot sue in small claims or will need to lower your claim or file in a higher court.

What is the Michigan Small Claims Court statute of Limitations?

The Michigan small claims court statute of limitations depends on each claim. If you have a written contract you have 6 years to make a claim. If your claim involves property damage you have 3 years, and if the claim is made from an oral contract you have 6 years or if dealing with personal injury the statute of limitations in Michigan is 3 years.

This should clear thing up for you Howie.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
Regardless of win or lose I personaly would not want my self associated with a court case publicly . I think that things get twisted and who knows the rumours this sort of publicity would bring . Mike is free to use it as he will but for me .. It is not in keeping with the image I want to give to my clients .... But each to their own
Phil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Dynamike On The Judge Mathis Show (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL