The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Remote control electromagnetic coils (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pickin_grinnin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
144 Posts

Profile of pickin_grinnin
Is anyone aware of a regular non-magic product that uses electromagnetic coils that are triggered by a remote control device of some sort? I can make a coil easily enough, but don't know how to get it to respond to a remote control, so I'm hoping to find some affordable product that I can cannibalize.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a good resource that teaches how to do that?
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
I have used single channel RF remote to operate an electromagnet. Others on MC have helped me to learn how to wire them correctly and I would be happy to share the info with you through email. Hardware was bought off of eBay and other sites I tracked down online.

Pete
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
pickin_grinnin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
144 Posts

Profile of pickin_grinnin
That's very kind of you, Pete. I appreciate it! I just sent you an email.
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Sheffield, UK
175 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Hi Pete, just spotted this and sent you a PM.

Kind regards
Nick
www.darkartefacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted hauntiques. Deathwatch, The Dark Glass, The Uninvited
wizban
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of wizban
Hi
I'm also interested on how to use a rf remote to operate something. someone can help me?
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
There is a website called www.magicnook.com and on it they have a e book called remote anything that may help
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
Remote control components have become so inexpensive on eBay it is usually better to just buy the components vs can availing a product.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Remote control electromagnetic coils (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL