The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Magic Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4341 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I've been using the G&M Nightclub table for about 12 years and it's starting to die. Any recommendations on where to find magic tables, not necessarily like the one I use now. I'd like it if the table could store my props as well. Any thoughts. Thanks.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5838 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use a decorated plastic tote, resting on a restaurant tray stand, for kids shows. A tray can be pulled from the tote and rested on one of the ends if you need a table top. Casters could be attached to the tray stand legs, if you'd like to roll it into place.

The big advantages of this setup is that unlike a nightclub table, you'll never have to kneel behind the table to get a prop and you won't have to rearrange your props when you show up at the show site. I use a rather large tote, so kids have a hard time seeing the interior of the case, unless they're tall - it allows me to reset props in the case before the show.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Hi, Alan:

How would you describe the "plastice tote"?

Steve Smile
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23046 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Emyers,

If you have a cabinet making shop in your area, I suggest you take your table to them and have it remade in thin plywood. They will do a fantastic job, and being they have never done anything like this before you will get a good price. And they may come up with some really good improvement that you will like.

Then go to a custom auto paint shop, and have it painted. They can bake on the paint.

I always found that what you start with is what you are most comfortable with in the long run.

Outside of this, I think a Roll-suitcase table is the best. Mak Magic also makes these, I owned one once and it is a good investment.

A lot depends on how much you travel.

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Magic Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL