The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Penguin Mentalism Lectures (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
I know this post will be stating the obvious to most out there; however, there might be other unaware people like me who haven't checked into the penguin lectures who can benefit. I hesitantly did the choose 5 deal and picked 5 lectures and am very glad I did. Great information/insight for all. I like the overall atmosphere too of learning by seeing some of the best causally perform, interact, and explain what was performed. Helps me as a visual learner and overall fan of mentalism. Best money I have spent in awhile. Check them out if you haven't already.

For those that have watched some of these do you have a favorite so far? I have seen three of my five so far and like them all fairly equally although I think I have gotten the most out of the Richard Osterlind 2 lecture. I will have to purchase his first one down the road.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Besides the Osterlind 2 lecture, which others did you buy?
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
Peter Turner, Colin McLeod, Looch, and Patrick Redford

So far I have watched Peter Turner, Colin Mcleod and most of Osterlind 2. I definitely need to rewatch them at some point. Totally different perspectives and styles. I like the diversity and creativity in thinking and performance.
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
There are Max Maven, Christopher Taylor, and Marc Salem ones planned for April.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
Mark Elsdon is excellent.
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

GerryHennessey.com
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3437 Posts

Profile of Looch
Marc Salem is planned for April? Wow Smile Ill be tuning in for sure
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Quote:
On , looch wrote:
Marc Salem is planned for April? Wow Smile Ill be tuning in for sure

+1
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12231 Posts

Profile of John C
Ian Rowland
Elsdon

In that order

There are some awesome closeup gems in Ian Rowland's vid. As well as his hugely popular card routine. Highly recommended.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Richard Osterlind 2 is my favorite mentalism lecture.

The Bob Cassidy lecture was good.

Marc Spelmann another good one.

Joshua Quinn was interesting.

Howard Hamburg had a couple of routines that can be used for mentalism. This is card magic, but I liked a couple of his effects.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
MagicFett
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of MagicFett
My favorites were Mr. Cassidy a phenomenal display if you have studied his work prior there will be repeats but this is certainly the case with others as well, I found his conversations with Harlan to be entertaining to say the least. The first fifteen minutes of Peter Turners lecture had me believing the man was every bit of the legend you hear from those who mention his work. They were all wonderful there are very few penguin lectures that I feel money was spent unwisely.
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Cassidy, McLeod & Rowland

Mark Elsdons was pretty good, his equivoque stuff was not bad, I expected a bit more due to his reputation of being an equivoque God.

I LOVE the clock effect from Patrick Redford too.

out of them all I gained the most from Mcleod

Cheers
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10145 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Is Marc Salem releasing some products or new releases? He sure is being quite visible in the community lately with his lectures last year, Easy Coast Mind Jam, (was he at Mindvention this past year?), and how this penguin lecture. I hope he's releasing some goodies.
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Corfu, Greece
609 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
I believe Marc Salem will also be lecturing at Psycrets this year as well!
Demitri
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Demitri
The Penguin live mentalism lectures have all been really great. I saw one mention above, but Marc Spelmann's lecture deserves a lot more attention. Aside from being a very funny and engaging person, his thinking on this lecture was incredible. Looch's lecture was also great. I sometimes feel that Looch and Marc are terribly underrated in the field, which is a shame. They are both brilliant thinkers.

Naturally, Colin McLeod and Peter Turner both had great lectures. While I haven't taken that much away from Peter's, material-wise (yet!), it was his THINKING and dialog that made a huge impression on me. Peter made a wonderful decision to really talk about connections and emotions. I have never seen anyone speak so passionately and eloquently about mentalism as he does. His lecture was, quite simply, inspiring.

Colin is a force of nature. There is nothing more to say. If he's telling you something... take notes. Period.

I liked Richard Osterlind's 2nd lecture, but I think the first one was better, personally. I want to say that Osterlind 2 and Bob Cassidy's lectures weren't all that great - but that's ONLY because they discussed Tervil, and I just don't want too many people remembering that effect is out there! Truthfully, both men are simply legends in this art - and everything they do should be required reading/listening/watching.

Ian Rowland's lecture was also great. Funny, insightful, with some really powerful ideas.

Mark Strivings was another good one. Some great, practical material in there. I found a lot of great thinking in here in regards to walkaround performances of mentalism. Looch also had some really strong thinking on this venue.

Having said all of this, I wouldn't JUST confine yourself to the mentalists for the Penguin live lectures - you'd be doing yourself a great disservice. Even though they might not perform mentalism, there have been some incredible lectures that you should check out, to see more about performance, structure, theory - how to interact with your audience. Francis Menotti's lecture (and, even more specifically his Treachery of Tricks DVD) was incredibly helpful for me. His thinking on structure and the hows and whys he does what he does are priceless bits of information. Greg Wilson, Roberto Giobbi, David Williamson - all worthy of your attention. Think past just the "effects" - and you'll see Penguin has quite a bit more to offer you with the live lecture series.
Joaquin
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
I wish they will put the lectures in a DVD. Even if it is a home made type if video.

It is very hard to rewind or forward downloads .

Joaquin
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Most laptops and desktops have windows live movie maker, just download your lecture - put it into the software and split the file up...then download some free dvd burning software and burn your own dvd version...
I've asked to be banned
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I just put all of the Lectures on a USB Flash Drive and that is way easier than trying to burn CD's without the proper software and this way takes a lot less time. And "ALL" Laptops have a USB Port or 2. I use a Samsung Chrome Book and they play just fine using my USB Flash Drive. Even though the CB comes with only 1 USB 2.0 Port I went out and purchased a 4-Port Hub Connector and as long as you only use 2-Ports I can use my FD and Wireless Mouse at the same time without any problems.

Rod
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Among my favorite lectures already mentioned are Peter Turner, Ian Rowland, Colin McLeod, Marc Spelmann, Looch, and Joshua Quinn. Jimmy Fingers and Devin Knight are a couple other favorites. Still haven't seen Bob Cassidy's, looking forward to it.

Quote:
On , Joaquin wrote:
I wish they will put the lectures in a DVD. Even if it is a home made type if video.

It is very hard to rewind or forward downloads .

Joaquin

Try VLC player, it's a free download. You can rewind, fast forward and step backward and forward. You can slow down and speed up playback also. If you have a move you want to watch and practice slowing down playback comes in really handy and there is a function to loop segments of the video which is helpful as well.
XyGreg
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of XyGreg
Quote:
On , John C wrote:
Ian Rowland
Elsdon

In that order

There are some awesome closeup gems in Ian Rowland's vid. As well as his hugely popular card routine. Highly recommended.

Indeed, I've just watch Ian Rowland and it's absolutly wonderfull, I think it's my favourite mentalism conference! The mentalism section is marevellous, really practical and simple ideas that kills. As a magic lover too, I liked the card section as well.

So, Eldson seems greet to, I'll have to check this one Smile
XyGreg
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of XyGreg
And I also enjoyed Ian Rowland's humor, a real "serious-funny" guy ^^
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Penguin Mentalism Lectures (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL