The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Celebrities whose deaths genuinely upset you and why. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Harry Chapin. A great story-teller and performer. He usually played two concerts a night, one of which the gate went to food charities.

I loved and miss Pete Seeger, but wasn't surprised. Still saddened me.

The older I get, the more I see the 'celebrities' of youth pass, the more forgiving I seem to get. If you'd have told me in 1974, I would have been sad to see Nixon die, I'd have laughed at you, but I got a catch in my throat when he did.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2726 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2015, Destiny wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2014, General_Magician wrote:
Leonard Nimoy. He hasn't passed away yet, but I hate that he is sufferring right now due to smoking. Great actor. He also talks about the importance of staying away from cigarettes. He quit a long time ago but he waited too late to quit.

Did the Yul Brynner 'stop smoking' ads run in the USA also when he was dying of cancer? They ran for years here - hopefully his dying wish to save others from the same fate was fulfilled.

Not quite as famous, but there was a commercial by the actor who played "Hamilton Burger" on the old television series "Perry Mason." "I didn't really mind losing all those courtroom battles to Raymond Burr, but now I'm in a battle I don't want to lose at all."

I also remember watching a beauty pagent where Harry Blackstone Jr. made the contestants appear in groups. I remember thinking; "What's wrong with Harry?" Sure enough, he died shortly after.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6441 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2015, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2015, tommy wrote:
I don't like death at all.

That kinda goes without saying don't ya think?

I don't think so.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think so.

"Through early morning fog I see visions of the things to be ..."
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
sean_mh
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of sean_mh
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On , General_Magician wrote:
Leonard Nimoy. He hasn't passed away yet, but I hate that he is sufferring right now due to smoking. Great actor. He also talks about the importance of staying away from cigarettes. He quit a long time ago but he waited too late to quit.

Let's keep this in perspective. He's 82 years old and has COPD.

I'm already sad that James Doohan and Deforest Kelley have passed (hopefully everyone knows that's Scotty and Dr. McCoy lol). Makes me realize that I'm an old(er) Trek fan, and it won't be long before my favourite command crew are all gone Smile

Sean
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2015, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think so.

"Through early morning fog I see visions of the things to be ..."

Donald Sutherland: not dead
Elliott Gould: not dead
Tom Skerritt: not dead
Sally Kellerman: not dead
Robert Duvall: not dead
Rene Auberjonois: not dead
Gary Burghoff: not dead
Jo Ann Pflug: not dead
John Schuck: not dead
Fred Williamson: not dead
Roger Bowen: dead, alas
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I'm glad they haven't gotten Tom Skeritt yet.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I loathe (detest, revile, abhor, despise) typos.

Especially my own.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Or in this case, mine.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1336 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Robin Williams' death really upset me this year. I'd seen him perform many times in his earlier years at the Holy City Zoo in SF; and those performances stick in my mind more than his TV and film roles. Michael Jackson's death shocked me esp since he was preparing for an amazing show; and the rehearsal film doesn't show any kind of physical or mental impairment. Lynn
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4791 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:

Oh, they will, they will. B*stards.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, landmark wrote:
Quote:

Oh, they will, they will. B*stards.

Father Time is still undefeated.

TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Some deaths don't upset me so much as anger me. For instance, Amy Winehouse. Although I am no fan of music (hate the stuff) she was young, talented, rich, famous, the world at her feet. And she self-destructed. As did Whitney Houston, Heath Ledger, Kurk Cobain, and many others. And I get a wee surge of anger whenever I hear of one of these stupid, needless deaths.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2652 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
The dog from Frasier.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2014, MobilityBundle wrote:
Not sure if Looy Simonoff counts as a proper celebrity, but I was very sad at his death. Not that it was a surprise. When I first met Looy, he was already an old man. (He had about ten years left, turned out.)

When I first met him, all I knew about him was that he was a math professor at UNLV... I had no idea he was a magician. I was a math major at UNLV, so I would talk to him about math. At some point I showed him a card trick that I was sure would confound him -- I was very cocky in my abilities, having read one or possibly even TWO magic books at the time. He was a very gracious about the whole thing. Then, still very graciously, he rained down magical blow after magical blow until I finally realized how much "room for improvement" I had.

Eventually I moved from Las Vegas to Boston, but I'd still come back at least once a year. I'd always make it a point to find Looy.

There's only one other person -- friends and family included -- whose death affected me as deeply. (That other person, Milton Sobel, was also a Looy-Simonoff-type figure, but in statistics.)

I lived in Vegas for 17 years.Looy was a dear friend and one of my favorite people.Looy myself and Michael Skinner hung out a lot back in the 1980's.I still miss them both very much. (terrible,terrible,terrible)
As for famous people Frank Sinatra and Johnny Carson.They just don't make e'm like that anymore.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Celebrities whose deaths genuinely upset you and why. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL