The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Sound System (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
The mic is ok, not great. VHF gets lots of interference so the built in wireless mic is often unusable.
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
Dearwiseone, I guess that will depend on a couple of things. First on what channel you end up getting and second on what channels are beign used where you are performing. Your argument can be equally used for UHF channels.

In any case I was referring to the mic itself which can be attached to any samson transmitter be it VHF or UHF Smile
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Carlos,
That's just about right. UHF will be better because there are more available channels. UHF is better for nearly every situation (schools, homes, rec centers) because many of those venues will get interference from VHF sources. Also, true diversity UHF will switch channels if interference is detected. I haven't found a VHF system that can do that. I use several UHF and VHF systems and UHF is always better.

Hope that helps!
Kevin
Nem
View Profile
New user
Florida
58 Posts

Profile of Nem
Does the Samson XP106 have voice over music, or is it just one or the other at a time?
Don
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Don
1 or the other.
Nem
View Profile
New user
Florida
58 Posts

Profile of Nem
Thanks Don,
I watched some videos of the unit and read up on it, but never saw anything that cleared that up.
Looking for something that allows both at the same time.
Don
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Don
Back to your question again.The Mic and music are on 2 different channels so music will play with voice.However when music is playing it will not automatically lower when you start talking.Did I answer you're question?
Nem
View Profile
New user
Florida
58 Posts

Profile of Nem
Yes, thanks for that.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
I LOVE my Sampson Expedition XP106 speakers! They sound fantastic with the wireless headset they can come bundled with (instead of the hand-held). In terms of power, I'm happy to say that I bought two units and run them together (with a 1/4 cable) and have done many schools shows with them in gyms and auditoriums for up to 600 people. Yep! 600 people! I've also run pre-show music through both an ipod and my phone via blue-tooth with great success. I have never had any issue at all with these units and recommend them without reservation. One of the best equipment purchases I've ever made.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1811 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
So a while back I was using my Anchor Audio Explorer Pro and I had some intermittent static when I would talk
and just figured it was a tower or ham radio. (did not know)

Then I was doing a show and the interference was so crazy, I had to shut off my mic. Very embarrassing.

I called Anchor Audio and they told me the Government sound the frequency that my belt pack mic was on to T-Mobil Cell Phone company.

So I was basically screwed.

I got a new set up now.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Sound System (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL