The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Bridge by Aaron Alexander a sort of review (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of aalexander
ArtIn: I'm thinking of doing a wider release in late June. A release date is not yet set in stone. As it says in the Penny thread on Bridge, I am sort of a transplant to this community. Bridge was written to pave the way for PE, knowing that almost nobody here had any idea who I was.

Thanks to the hugely positive response to Bridge, I'm getting some amazing advice as to how to best go about releasing this project that's been so close to me for years. You can follow the minimal updates on the web page for PE or get in the loop by emailing me directly using the "info" address on my website.

Last note: I haven't announced PE anywhere but word seems to be getting around. If you're interested in PE but haven't seen Bridge, really consider checking out Bridge first. It's a different set of methods than PE but you'll get a way better idea of whether the style of writing and of performance fits you. I'm not out to sell a zillion copies of PE, and am more focused on it getting into the right hands. The method and thinking in Bridge compliments PE very well, but it also has a million uses on its own if you decide not to get PE.
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
I am a little late to jump bandwagon, but I am also one of the individuals to whom Aaron generously sent out a review copy. What follows are my thoughts:

Like others have said, this is a tool. This is not merely a single trick, but an entire experience that can be molded to a number of different social situations and performing styles. For it's versatility, Aaron is to be commended. At it's most minimal form, Bridge enables the performer to forge a connection between himself an a spectator merely through touching hands. As the routine progresses, the spectator finds themselves in sync with the performer's movements. My favorite part about the effect is that is strengthens one as a performer. On the page, it looks like it would never work. I myself was of this opinion and when I finally performed it, I felt it was a risk. However, it worked perfectly! I still don't understand how it works, but it does. Highly recommended.

I apologize if the review seems very scattered; it was a flow of consciousness kind of thing. Smile
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3911 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I am late too, but nevertheless it is a wonderful thing which I will add to existing routines I perform. As a tool it will enhance a lot. Really, really highly recommended! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I'm really happy to see "Bridge" still getting the praise and attention it deserves!

This keeps getting even better and stronger, more direct, more connected, more meaningful and much more magical for both myself, the person(s) I share this experience with and even the people who witness it whether casually or in a professional, formal setting.

There's so much we can do with a person IN THE STATE which "Bridge" produces and evokes. It's a place where everything goes and anything can happen...it is where true magic is waiting to be had, shared and experienced and Aaron as given us a "Bridge" to access it. This is a wonderful tool, I'm so glad I heard about it here and that I've since befriended and had some great, GREAT discussions with the author (he's a gem too, every grand thing you've heard about him so far is true and he's humble, so I'll happily sing his praises for him, ha!).

It's great to see others here responding so well to this because it speaks volumes in the process and provides us with a great deal of insight regarding the future of mentalism and allied arts, what our vision for it is, what we're seeking to share and offer the people we work with and audiences we perform for, what's becoming more important to us (FINALLY) - "connecting with others in a deep and meaningful way" OR/VS "showing them how wonderful and amazing I am or how much power I have to blah, blah, blah, BS!"

"Bridge" and the thinking, feeling, approach and values of the author and creator behind it will take us to new places, I'm 100% sure of this.

J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1772 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I agree whole heartedly with Jerome, I have been using a similar style of presentation for a little while now, but The Bridge took it to a whole new level (and based on it I refined my original approach even more which skyrocketed it's potential). Bearing in mind that I am someone very comfortable with the use of words alone to create an effect with no backing net b, but this is such a SIMPLE proceedure and tool that can be adapted to fit a variety of performance an/or situations. The last few weeks of working with The Bridge I have encountered a whole new level of response from my audiences as well as fufillment as a performer, which though I sounds flowery, is absolutely true.

This might not be for you, but you shouldn't pass it up just because that is a possibility because this can and will work with your presention or character IF you take the time to make it fit. In the trenches (by that I mean aside from just paid shows, I'm talking the difficult dive bars I go to in Columbus as well) and with perfectly random strangers, I have yet to not have a response of anything but utter amazement and connection with my audiences. Talking with Mr. Alexander, I have encountered someone who is genuinely a normal guy (not even really a traditional magician, mentalist and hypnotist though he is familiar with most of it) who goes out and demonstrates REAL miracles for real people, anytime anwhere and I can call a friend.

My final review of this particular purchase summed up in three words, "Amazingly Under Priced" and in a simple number scale, for me personally, it turns it up to 11/10. With a little creativity, passion and a sincere desire to produce REAL magick, which isn't something that happens as much in the physical world, but in the mental/emotional world of the audiences' minds, you have something that can and will generate legends.

-Jakob
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Hey, everyone!

I just put out a call for contributors for Bridge Extended on Penny for your Thoughts. For anyone who doesn't know, BE is a collaborative project using ideas/contributions from people who have been using Bridge, and it's a pretty great lineup so far.

I'm discounting Bridge for the rest of the month to make it easier for fresh minds to get at that free copy of BE. If you'd rather not contribute but want BE anyway, there is a buy-in price that is (until the end of April) absurdly low for what you're getting. The idea is to have a true collaborative project that lots of performers and creators can get into without breaking the bank, yet everyone pitches in one way or another.

You can find full details here, or go straight to the Bridge Extended website.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
I should be handing in my latest "Bridge Extended" contribution this weekend sometime...I'm excited!

From what I've seen so far, "BE" will contain even more value than the original itself did...and I'm happy it will be like "speaking Greek" for those who haven't invested in the first copy and original method and specifically meant for those of you that have some "flight time" and experience in the trenches with this tool already.

As a teaser, my own contribution is nothing fancy, but it is PURE GOLD for those already using this and allows one to obtain and attain all of the desired "Bridge" effects and results in a fraction of the time. I've included a few funny anecdotes, powerful movie scenes and clips to ponder, my approach to using "Bridge" with readings, using "Bridge" with hypnosis, using "Bridge" with ambiguous *energy work*, re-working the marionette and magnetic movements, creating distance while maintaining the connection and eliminating the gaps in method, process and outcome.

My close friend, teacher/student and trusted comrade Sean Bott has, what I feel, is one of the most deluxe approaches to use with "Bridge" seen so far - you haven't heard about this guy yet because he's a full time, active-working professional and doesn't have the time, energy, inclination or desire to spend his free time with us talking mess on internet forums...he's now performed "Bridge" far more times than I have (& I'm using it regularly!) and if there's one thing I know, it's that this LIVE, real world experience in your regularly paid professional venues are of infinite value to the community and those of us working with material of this specific nature.

The same can be said of the first contribution by Aaron's peer, Ian. I would have paid several times over just to read this guy's thoughts alone...there's some absolutely fantastic material appearing here and I'm personally grateful for all these massive additions.

Again, I'm super excited!

To good things becoming GREAT,
J.
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of aalexander
To be honest, I've stopped posting until now and have stopped actively promoting this because this is stuff that might be nice to keep among people who adopted Bridge early, who really get it! or who have contributed to it in some way (as well as some lucky others who stumbled in with 20 bucks at the right time). This exactly the kind of stuff that I wanted to find when I got into this world. I still think of Bridge as something worth sharing far and wide, but I'm happy if BE does not make it nearly as far or as wide.

I did try out Sean's method in a small town cantina yesterday. I don't know what Jerome meant by deluxe, but if he meant something that not only does the job but does it easily, perfectly and with a ton of class, then I couldn't agree more. I will absolutely be using this a lot. In particular, it is far better as a stage presentation of Bridge than anything that I have used before.

I haven't used Ian's presentation, but as people with the sample doc know, the beauty of that is that it it uses the most basic form of Bridge possible. It is the framing, presentation, and the interaction that he builds that makes it so strong. To me it's not about Bridge, but a sort of introduction to using real magic with Bridge as an example.

Only strong, usable stuff is going in. I've received a lot of great ideas that I think need some work and road testing. If they come together by the deadline I'll put them in, otherwise I may make them available to contributors later on somehow.

And of course I'm really looking forward to Jerome and Gavin's stuff. As we all should be.

-Aaron.
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of aalexander
To be honest, I've stopped actively promoting this because it's the kind of thing that might be nice to keep among people who adopted Bridge early, who really get it, or who have contributed to it in some way (as well as some lucky others who stumbled in with 20 bucks at the right time). This exactly the kind of stuff that I wanted to find when I got into this world. I still think of Bridge as something worth sharing far and wide, but I'm happy if BE does not make it nearly as far or as wide.

I did try out Sean's method in a small town cantina yesterday. I don't know what Jerome meant by deluxe, but if he meant something that not only does the job but does it easily, perfectly and with a ton of class, then I couldn't agree more. I will absolutely be using this a lot. In particular, it is far better as a stage presentation of Bridge than anything that I have used before.

I haven't used Ian's presentation, but as people with the sample doc know, the beauty of that is that it it uses the most basic form of Bridge possible. It is the framing, presentation, and the interaction that he builds that makes it so strong. To me it's not about Bridge, but a sort of introduction to using real magic with Bridge as an example.

Only strong, usable stuff is going in. I've received a lot of great ideas that I think need some work and road testing. If they come together by the deadline I'll put them in, otherwise I may make them available to contributors later on somehow.

And of course I'm really looking forward to Jerome and Gavin's stuff. As we all should be.

-Aaron.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Haven't chimed in here as it's been hectic over the last month, but have to say The Bridge is fantastic. I echo thoughts here about the brilliantly written and absorbing introduction. Beautiful stuff and that the beauty flows over into both the effect and the teaching. Aaron has taken JP and has really found its a key that opens YET ANOTHER door to fantastic, totally unique and different experience... I love this!

Furthermore the whole process and interaction also makes any following CMR a walk in park.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
Phil Ainsworth
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Phil Ainsworth
Picked this up tonight (very impressed by the speedy delivery Aaron - thank you) and just read through it! Very excited by the possibilites, I'll be hitting local Cafés and the high street tomorrow for participants. I'm really excited by the potential of this, and am working on a script for my presentation already.

Right up my street - fits right in with my core principles of motivating an emotional response with participants during performance Smile

Many thanks Aaron!

The challenge is for me to get something to you quickly enough to make the Extended Edition!
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
As the final release for "BE" draws closer and closer, I'm getting more and more excited.

The early drafts were fantastic...TONS of wonderful contributions. Rounding the corner and previewing the near final over the weekend, that excitement is only growing.

Stay tuned for something amazing. It doesn't get much better than this!

J.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I received this a short while ago and will say that this, business cards and a pencil will all I will carry with me when I go anywhere. Not to mention, for actual performances this is gold.
Twitter @darjames
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Bridge Extended is still set to come out on Wednesday (the 30th). If you have an idea that you think will go well in the book, let me know right away.

It's great to see this positive reaction. I think it's only going to get way more positive when we get to see all the ideas that have been put into this by a lot of great thinkers.

-Aaron.
tpratt38
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
277 Posts

Profile of tpratt38
I just ordered the bridge after hearing so much about it, I look forward to reading it and using it in performance.
Mental Threads....

Invoking your thoughts one thread at a time...

Creator of Voodoo Dowels
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
You're going to love it, Tpratt. Never a shortage of people in Nola to try it out on!!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4312 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Waiting for Bill's sale to end so I can get this, I ordered $25 on his sale so I'm awaiting my Bridge Smile
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Hey, Blindside. Bill's sale has ended and I'll be sending out an email about Bridge later today.
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
725 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
I've been using bridge all the time! Love it!

Mike
Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
330 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
Has this stopped being sold? I've gone to the website, but there's nothing there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Bridge by Aaron Alexander a sort of review (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL