The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New appearing cane (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Bond_L
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Bond_L
Dear Friends,
Years ago, Mahka Tendo produced a very high quality appearing cane.
Now a good quality appearing cane is really hard to find, so we started this project.
Finally, after many researchs and experiments, this is our result - the Ultra Cane.
It is lighter, smaller, stronger and is available in multiple colors.

Trailer: http://youtu.be/XRck5bdK1ek

And it's now available on Murphy's Magic!
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=52605

Hope you guys will enjoy using it, because I am.

Cheer,
Bond
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Wow

These look fantastic, very similair to the Mahka Tendo canes at about half the price. Is the quality the same? If so, this is a bargain!

Mark
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21978 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
In the trailer video I could not tell if they are silent in working. There was to much noise on the promo video.

What is the length of the cane? I find Asian clothing and props made to short for the western world.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
inhumaninferno
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of inhumaninferno
I like the colors and the price is nice too. Looking forward to checking them out in person. The release mechanism looks great too. Like Bill Hegbli, I am curious what the length and diameter (at top and bottom).

The demo video was stylishly well done.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21978 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Inhumaninferno, brings up a good point. The demo/trailer video is misleading, as I am sure none of the effects shown are described or explained in any kind of instructions, that may or may not, come with the canes. Showing what can be accomplished with a prop and attempting to sell the prop on the basis on the effects shown in a trailer video is false advertising to the potential customer.

I did not read or see any disclaimer in the listing.

Remember, do not apply U.S. standards to merchandise from other countries.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1775 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I don't know that I would call the video "false advertising." The video promotes the appearing cane (singular). I don't think the viewer would be misled into thinking that because the video shows the production of multiple canes that more than one cane will arrive in the package.

I have worked as a demonstrator in a few different magic shops over the years. Even when demonstrating beginners' tricks like The Ball Vase, The Magical Block (a.k.a penny to dime), etc, I often added something to the presentation--a patter line or a subtlety. If the customer bought the trick, I would go through the moves I used with him/her. When I demoed a classic like the billiard balls or linking rings, I would do a simple routine close to what the instructions described, but would also recommend to the customer a good book like _The Amateur Magician's Handbook_ which had come out in paperback and which we carried in the store.

I don't think anyone could have done the Adams multiplying billiard balls that was sold in the blister packet the way the instructions that came with the trick said to do it. Levent tells an anecdote about his reaction to buying his first set of multiplying billiard balls here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=10&112
where he says that he was confused when he opened the package and found "only three 1-inch diameter red wooden painted balls and a matching stamped metal shell accompanied by a tiny cheaply printed instruction sheet. On the S.S. Adams packaging there clearly was a drawing of four balls, but all it contained were three balls, What the Hell?" In spite of the "tiny cheaply printed instruction sheet," Levent obviously managed to find a way to learn to do the billiard balls well. I doubt that he regarded his experience as a scam of any sort.

Frank Garcia's "Wild Cards" is a good example of a trick that no beginner could have done trying to follow the instructions that came with the trick. The trick originally used a Hamman count. I always demoed it with the Glide, which I think any beginner could learn, and which I think Frank Garcia acknowledged was a Bob McAllister variation. I doubt that many magic shop demonstrators did "Wild Cards" the way the original instructions said to do it.

I imagine most magic shop demonstrators also use a false count when demoing "The Professor's Nightmare"--which is sometimes sold under the title "My Favorite Rope Trick." But I don't think the instructions include the false count. But if a customer who bought the trick asked about the false count, I would be happy to teach it to him/her. The fact that many beginners came back to the store and became regulars tells me that they were happy with the whole experience shopping in a magic store.

----- Sonny
----- Sonny Narvaez
Bond_L
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Bond_L
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, Mark Boody Illusionist wrote:
Wow

These look fantastic, very similair to the Mahka Tendo canes at about half the price. Is the quality the same? If so, this is a bargain!

Mark

The quality is almost the same, while ultra cane is smaller and tighter and with a reasonable price!
Bond_L
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Bond_L
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:
In the trailer video I could not tell if they are silent in working. There was to much noise on the promo video.

What is the length of the cane? I find Asian clothing and props made to short for the western world.

I do not have my cane with me now, I will let you know the length tmr.
About the sound, it has same level of sound as Mahka Tendo cane did.
We try to create a mute appearing cane, but we realize the stronger the cane, the louder the sound.
Bond_L
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Bond_L
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Inhumaninferno, brings up a good point. The demo/trailer video is misleading, as I am sure none of the effects shown are described or explained in any kind of instructions, that may or may not, come with the canes. Showing what can be accomplished with a prop and attempting to sell the prop on the basis on the effects shown in a trailer video is false advertising to the potential customer.

I did not read or see any disclaimer in the listing.

Remember, do not apply U.S. standards to merchandise from other countries.

I am sorry if the video misled you.
If you are seeking for appearing cane's tutorial, this will not be your choice.
I am sure there are lots of great DVD teaching very good cane manipulation in the market.

And like every trailer, we are just trying to show the possibility of what the canes can do.
Is like a car advertisement only sells the car instead of teaching you how to drive.
Sorry again if this trailer misled you.

Cheers,
Bond
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Guys you know that Bond is a good friend of mine and I was lucky to get couple of these canes last year and I must say that I was very surprised by the quality of those canes. In last 30 years I tried many canes including German and French canes, Harakhan`s, Mahka Tendo canes and many others. I prefer stronger German steel spring but never liked "bluing" steel to color it. Bond produced a cane which has a very similar steel to German canes and was colored as Tendo canes. Colors are great and I don`t see any scratches on my canes yet from constant use. Highly recommended. Bill length of the cane is 4-5 cm more than Tendo cane. Regarding the sound, well you all know that sound is not the same if you produce a cane from nowhere or if you change a silk into a cane. Also it depends how "soft" coil is before production.

regards,
Bojan Barisic
inhumaninferno
View Profile
Elite user
450 Posts

Profile of inhumaninferno
I really liked the demo video. Nothing misleading-it is a product demo/advertisement and a very good one. Shows potential with the product.
joemcdull
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of joemcdull
It must be a good product if it come from bond lee, even I mainly do mentalism, I really want this to do a mental appearing cane routine!!
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
239 Posts

Profile of Cbring
They look really good and solid. I like the trailer and I don´t think that it is misleading. Instead I will say that it was inspiring to see the different short sequences. If I want to produce the canes or a multiplying cane in a specific way, isn´t trail and error the usual way? I will call magic an art, and in an art you have to create your own touch and ways. I liked the balloon, but not the waving change. I will be inspired by the idea and find out my own handling. The multiplying production shown in the demo is very nice, but it is not a beginners trick. To put out an instruction for how to do that move, or the handling behind it in the basic cane set, would be to spoil the beauty. Someone that have been using the canes for years and who have mastered the moves will understand how to produce them, and that magician will probably be ready to deliver that effect. I myself will go for a single cane production until I feel that my skills matches the challenge. A lot of good magic are spoiled because of magicians that eager to deliver something that they not jet master.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6870 Posts

Profile of bowers
These do look nice.I have a mahka tendo cane.
I love it also.
Todd
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I love my Tendo cane and if this is anything like the quality of it, I'm sure this will be a must have for me also. The price looks fair also.
Torquay22
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of Torquay22
Best trailer ever
Bond_L
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Bond_L
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2014, bojanbarisic wrote:
Guys you know that Bond is a good friend of mine and I was lucky to get couple of these canes last year and I must say that I was very surprised by the quality of those canes. In last 30 years I tried many canes including German and French canes, Harakhan`s, Mahka Tendo canes and many others. I prefer stronger German steel spring but never liked "bluing" steel to color it. Bond produced a cane which has a very similar steel to German canes and was colored as Tendo canes. Colors are great and I don`t see any scratches on my canes yet from constant use. Highly recommended. Bill length of the cane is 4-5 cm more than Tendo cane. Regarding the sound, well you all know that sound is not the same if you produce a cane from nowhere or if you change a silk into a cane. Also it depends how "soft" coil is before production.

regards,
Bojan Barisic

Thank you Bojan for your comment! Hope you will have a good use of it!
Bond_L
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Bond_L
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2014, inhumaninferno wrote:
I really liked the demo video. Nothing misleading-it is a product demo/advertisement and a very good one. Shows potential with the product.

Thank you for your support!

Quote:
On Mar 4, 2014, joemcdull wrote:
It must be a good product if it come from bond lee, even I mainly do mentalism, I really want this to do a mental appearing cane routine!!

Then you should try, I think you will love it very much!

Quote:
On Mar 4, 2014, Cbring wrote:
They look really good and solid. I like the trailer and I don´t think that it is misleading. Instead I will say that it was inspiring to see the different short sequences. If I want to produce the canes or a multiplying cane in a specific way, isn´t trail and error the usual way? I will call magic an art, and in an art you have to create your own touch and ways. I liked the balloon, but not the waving change. I will be inspired by the idea and find out my own handling. The multiplying production shown in the demo is very nice, but it is not a beginners trick. To put out an instruction for how to do that move, or the handling behind it in the basic cane set, would be to spoil the beauty. Someone that have been using the canes for years and who have mastered the moves will understand how to produce them, and that magician will probably be ready to deliver that effect. I myself will go for a single cane production until I feel that my skills matches the challenge. A lot of good magic are spoiled because of magicians that eager to deliver something that they not jet master.

I am sure if you practice with it you will evenually come up with ideas of your own.
There are too many possibilities with appearing cane, especially with a good one!

Quote:
On Mar 4, 2014, bowers wrote:
These do look nice.I have a mahka tendo cane.
I love it also.
Todd

Mahka Tendo's cane is great! But unfortunate it is not longer produced.
I personally own one, but now I switch all my cane, I want to keep my mahka tendo as a collection item Smile

Quote:
On Mar 4, 2014, Snidini wrote:
I love my Tendo cane and if this is anything like the quality of it, I'm sure this will be a must have for me also. The price looks fair also.

Give it a try! I am sure you will have a good use of it.

Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, Torquay22 wrote:
Best trailer ever

Thank you!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2327 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I will have one today. I hope there as good as they look in the video.
Tricster6
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Tricster6
The cane looks beautiful but do all cane come with the top part of the cane being sparkling erodescent it be nice if just a plane silver top was an option as well
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New appearing cane (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL