The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best street magic effect? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
lifeofwonder
View Profile
New user
Australia
54 Posts

Profile of lifeofwonder
I don't know if it's just me but when I think street magic, I think everyday objects as opposed to cards. Eg. Bottles, pens, coins, cutlery. I'm also referring to "walking up to strangers" kind of magic. For busking, I think cups and balls is great.
龚凯
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of 龚凯
I like ambitious card .
我爱魔术
Darcy.W
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Darcy.W
The hand sandwich (here then there) effect always gets amazing reactions
"I would much rather be hated for what I am, than loved for something that I'm not" CM Punk
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
This would be the greatest street magic effect.

This video is fantastic viewing. A street magician doing is every day entertaining,but with a bit of computer technology "CGI" added and edited in,this makes it thoroughly outstanding as a promotion to the art of magic. How great it would be if you could do this. Very enjoyable to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh0CMcLiRkw

Graham.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
mentalmagicgerman
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mentalmagicgerman
ACE by Richard sanders Hits everytime

Ambitious card combinatet with sankeys paperclipped

It you Do mental magic: Billet tear etc.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2014, Aberdeen1234 wrote:
For street work with cards why not keep it simple and go with Ambitious Card. And do the bent card pop up as the finish. That never fails to get a reaction when they see the card pop back up with the bend in it.

Better yet - do what I do and end your ACR routine with THE SHARK after card pop up Smile that's what I do
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
All the above comments are great answers.

IMHO these are amazing effects for the street:

-SMOKE by Alan Rorrison
-ACE by Richard Sanders
-THE SHARK by Christopher Ballinger
-THE CODE by Andy Nyman
-THIS N' THAT
-ACR (as discussed above)
-VANISHING PEN by Sans Mind
-FRENCH KISS by Wayne Houchin (AKA card transpo)
and I even take STRANGE TRAVELERS by David Blaine with me every now and then, it really hits hard with one spectator but it's still something fun to have on hand.
MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
In my experiences, the "best street magic effect" is signed card through window.
Pepsi Twist
View Profile
New user
Bexhill UK
73 Posts

Profile of Pepsi Twist
I'd probably go with levitating a couple of feet off the ground (both an effect and a definition in one)
Thorn
View Profile
New user
United States Virgin Islands
66 Posts

Profile of Thorn
I have to agree with bgm4gic "Smoke by Alan Rorrison" is one of my top street magic effects. I had to stop myself from performing it all the time because it was so good that it was preventing me from learning new material . Oz Pearlman's Blind Sided is an awesome opener as well but it's hard to find a good follow-up.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
A one coin routine, a few bill effects, and the Quantum Bender 3.0 have always been great for me!!
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
Anand Khalsa
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
201 Posts

Profile of Anand Khalsa
I have always found the most success doing a linking ring routine. It's virtually angle-proof, great for all ages and all types of audiences, flashy, loud and noticeable, very portable, and gets great reactions! I also use a p**k wallet a lot while doing street magic, I think they're very versatile, portable, and impressive.
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2014, John T. Sheets wrote:
Quantum Bender 3.0 have always been great for me!!

I double that!!!
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Levitate yourself on the street with no "cover" for complete strangers, and you will forever change your mind about what you think is the best magic trick you can do on the street. Just my 2 cents worth.
Sentoki
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Sentoki
My top card trick for the street is "Finding the Queen" or if I perform for a girl I like to flirt with "Slap,Hug&Kiss", which is the same, but with different cards.
The trick is quick, impresssiv and nothing like:"Pick a card." It's one of my Favoriten tricks.
My second besteht trick is the brainwave, a better version of the invisible deck.
lumagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of lumagic
Coin in bottle, t&r card, extreme burn,
interlace by Richard Sanders are very strong effects
egmorrell
View Profile
New user
Bristol, TN
29 Posts

Profile of egmorrell
Messado rings are awesome to do on the street. Adam Wilbers "backup plan", two card monte, and a solid ambitious routine will have you set.
Shurikenstorm5
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
75 Posts

Profile of Shurikenstorm5
My most remembered and loved effect is often changing the spectator card under my shoe
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I like Roths coins across myself for street magic
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2015, lumagic wrote:
Coin in bottle, t&r card, extreme burn,
interlace by Richard Sanders are very strong effects

I've been on a Sanders bender lately. I open with extreme burn, go to the turbo stick, and will end with a fiber optics extended inspired routine or interlace. These really kill, what an arsenal this guy presents!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best street magic effect? (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL