The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Reveals 3 (229 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..15~16~17 [Next]
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
A well known funeral palour
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Because Mark knows his craft and MR1 and MR2 were very good.

He will deliver one day. Not too sure when.
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
339 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
Yes. No matter what. He will deliver. The delays cannot be undone, but he will deliver.
He must deliver to be able to focus on the Equivoque-book next.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Well, I guess if the people who paid are happy with the situation and not bothered about waiting five years and counting, as he releases product after product in the meantime then I suppose all is good!! Who am I to criticize. Best of luck with it!
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
I suspect few of the MR3 purchasers are happy with the situation and not bothered.
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
322 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Yes! My book finally arrived and it's great!
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of shakuni
You mean you received 'Mentalism Reveals 3'?
Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
322 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Just pulling your leg. ;-) I don't want this thread to disappear...
Promises are so hard to keep.
How many times have we received a promised deadline now? And how many times has it moved to a later date? I really believed it would arrive this year. But that hope is gone. More frustration has replaced that hope.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
I still hope for this year. It looked promising and I cannot see any reasons it wouldn't be possible to keep the promise this year.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Maybe because he spent his time on the things he has just released? Hidden gems was the last one wasn't it? (but there have been countless others) Must have taken time to put together. Also it is an ebook so you get it within 12 hours apparently, not 12 years!!

You paid 5 years ago and you are expecting to get it before the end of the year? I really hope you do, but good luck with that one.

This really is inexcusable and pretty disgraceful, no?
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
If it doesn't come by the end of the year, hopefully his new years resolution will be to finish the *** thing
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
Well, let's hope so. Now it is just a matter of hours.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

When do you think you will lose faith? After 8 years, 10? Can't believe he's got away with this for so long.

If you look here

http://elsdon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/men......html?m=1

he says

"Note: For a variety of reasons, this book is very, very, very late, for which I offer my sincerest apologies. One day, I will write another book which will detail the numerous delays, setbacks and disasters encountered during MR3's writing and publication. Even at the very end, there have been further unavoidable delays. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thankfully, it will finally, actually, be published on November 17th 2017.
For real."

For real? I bet you all cant wait to pre order the book about the disaster of a book you preordered. What a funny guy!

I remember being really annoyed at having to chase up my order of MR1 and when it came I didn't think it was that good to be honest, I sold it on after reading a couple of times. I don't know how he stretched it to two volumes and can see why he's struggling with 3.

You hear people who self publish say things like people don't understand the difficulties and delays you can encounter, but 5 years of "delays and disasters"? come on??!! If you find it THAT hard then don't do it.

I also hear people say that because of experiences like this they will never be burnt again. This is also a shame for people who are genuine. I know plenty of people who have actually delivered perfectly well when it comes to pre orders.

Maybe he deserves a mention in the worst customer service thread, people there are fuming over waiting 3 months!!
Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
322 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2017, TheGingerWizard wrote:
Maybe he deserves a mention in the worst customer service thread, people there are fuming over waiting 3 months!!

Maybe indeed he does. Is there such a thread for real? I couldn't find it.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

It was in latest and greatest but got moved.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=177
lands10
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of lands10
I usually don't post anything but this situation is absolutely shameful. You would think there would be some communication from him, but even if there was, it would be nothing but false promises. This is certainly not a way to solidify a loyal customer base. How does one do this when the community is so small? It's incomprehensible.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1740 Posts

Profile of 0pus
He mustn't be a very good mentalist. At least not as far as predictions go.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
So what is the current prediction?
Will Elsdon release this soon?
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Given that he assured us it would be with us by Christmas, I am hopeful that it will be delivered very soon.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Http://elsdon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/men......html?m=1

"Thankfully, it will finally, actually, be published on November 17th 2017.
For real."

For real!!

Also it says.....

"How to develop your own original material, as well as cherry-pick the very best items from the thousands of books, DVDs, tricks and manuscripts that are already out there."

Sounds a bit like his latest release Hidden Gems?

If this limited release sold out then my prediction is that he was well happy with the ten thousand pounds he wandered off with almost six years ago.

No excuses are good enough, its an absolute disgrace and tantamount to theft in my eyes. How is he still selling stuff? The absolute nerve of releasing so many products in the meantime? Unbelievable!
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
I was more hoping for any new information.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Reveals 3 (229 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL