The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Scam School Exposure (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Well said, Atlas. But the bottom line, really, is just common sense. It's hard to believe that someone would actually think it was a good idea to join a magic forum and then advocate for the exposure of magic secrets.

What could possibly go wrong?
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
[/quote]
General knowledge tells me that Santa Claus does not exist.
[/quote]
You mean Santa was a lie! Smile Smile
Reality is a real killjoy.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
There are so many problems with this exposure:

1. The magic was not earned by the viewer. He is mostly exposing secrets to people who have little interest in really learning the art. All he accomplishes is making it less entertaining when the mystery is gone.

2. He's not the creator, so he hasn't earned the right to expose it. I really don't think he has permission from all the creators of everything he exposes.

3. Even if he does have permission from the creator, then refer back to #1 above.

I think Brian is a low-life. More like Scum School.

KJ
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Someone was bragging about being on SCUM SCHOOL ... He had gotten 300,000 views .... Now that's a lot!!!! And when I looked at some of the other things Brian was exposing I saw some had more than a million hits!!!!
So this isn't just child's play anymore... He's giving away some serious stuff to millions of viewers for free .. All the while Go-Daddy is paying him to do so .. No different than Fox and The Masked Magician ... and in my opinion ..even worse. Every True Magician should shun Brian and all his sell out friends!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
What I don't get is that there have been some well respected magicians who have exposed there own effects on scam school. I believe both Michal Ammar and Danny Garcia have appeared on the show. What is there motivation?
Reality is a real killjoy.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2014, Slim King wrote:
...He's giving away some serious stuff to millions of viewers for free...all the while, Go-Daddy is paying him to do so...

And there ain't a THING we can do about it. Not one thing...

Doug
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2014, Dougini wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2014, Slim King wrote:
...He's giving away some serious stuff to millions of viewers for free...all the while, Go-Daddy is paying him to do so...

And there ain't a THING we can do about it. Not one thing...

Doug

Ain't that a shame....... Honestly ... I badmouthed the heck out of him here at Universal ... They haven't booked him since. Maybe it's just a coincidence.... Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hmmmm. Maybe. Yeah, you are one of the few who go out of their way to right the wrongs of this art. For that, I salute you! Smile

Doug
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Thanks you!!!! It's a rough road we tread. Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I am so perplexed at the attitudes today. I'm Old School. And that my friends, may be a problem for me...

Doug
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Doug,
It's not a problem. It's called a virtue.
KJ
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2014, Dougini wrote:
I am so perplexed at the attitudes today. I'm Old School. And that my friends, may be a problem for me...

Doug

Not for me ... You have ETHICS!!!!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
LOL! Well, ethics can CAUSE some problems with those who disagree with the value of said ethics. I sleep at night! Smile

Doug
TheBigDC
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of TheBigDC
Before I begin, please understand I DO NOT favor the exsposure of secrets and/or sharing of magic without paying for it unless authorized by the creator.

I said this in a different post but I will echo some of it here as well.... Harry Houdini is considered by millions to be the greatest magician/showman of all time. He loved and craved the biggest chalenges he could come up with and then defeat them, challenges that were considered IMPOSSIBLE to do, the HARDER and MORE IMPOSSIBLE THE BETTER is what he believed and said. If Harry Houdini was still alive today and in good health, because of all the claims made that YouTube and other sites like it exspose magic and hurt it, I believe he could and would expose every effect and illusion he would do on YouTube FIRST, and THEN STILL PACK the major arenas 100% COMPLETELY FULL for EVERY APPEARANCE and SYILL GROW his career, NOT because of his past successes or he because he revealed the secrets, but because HE WAS A TRUE SHOWMAN FIRST AND FOREMOST and because he loved to defeat IMPOSSIBLE chalenges and PROVE NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE IF YOU ARE DETERMINED ENOUGH, and what greater impossible challenge then it would be to exspose all your secrets for the world to see FIRST on YouTube and then go out and completely pack every arena you perform them in knowing fair well everyone already knows how it is done first before you perform it AND STILL BLOW AWAY THE AUDIENCE and STILL PROFIT 10 TIMES AS MUCH AS BEFORE! And in today's modern age, I HONESTLY beleive Houdini would do just that, JUST TO PROVE he IS/WAS the greatest SHOWMAN OF ALL TIME. Houdini knew how to ENTERTAIN and that is something ALL MOST ALL MAGICIANS have forgot about. For MOST magicians it is all about keeping the secret SECRET and/or growing their wallets fat, but for a TRUE SHOWMAN a TRUE ENTERTAINER like Houdini was, it is all about the audience and pleasing them FIRST. Please YOUR AUDIENCE FIRST and NOT YOUR EGO or YOUR WALLET and your audience will remain and even grow and your wallet will get much fatter much quicker then ever before. I believe Houdini would prove that beyond ANY shadow of a doubt.

With all that being said, I think Scam School is a great resource for LEARNING magic not exsposing its secrets.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Houdini would never have exposed magic secrets. If Houdini knew that Brian was exposing such standard practices as THE KEY CARD he would have thrashed him in public!!!!
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Actually, Houdini DID expose some magical secrets. Check out his books and magazine articles, not to mention his anti-medium demos.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yes- Houdini regularly publicly exposed the methods of those he considered to be his rivals.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
We are missing the point here. Forget Houdini, who was a renowned performer, let's focus on Brushwood, who is...? Wait? He just looks like some pr*ck who gets on to bad television occasionally by being smarmy.

He's nobody. Nobody. And those who access his channel? Not worth the steam off my p*ss.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
I'm glad we're all so superior.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Yes- Houdini regularly publicly exposed the methods of those he considered to be his rivals.

Prove it!!! Regularly means he did it a lot .. I'd like a list of how many secrets he exposed. Got one?
Is it a list longer than Brian Brushwoods exposures?
How big is Houdini's list of exposures of magic tricks..the ones used by his fellow rival magicians? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Scam School Exposure (42 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL