The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » A discussion of Illusion as a means to inspire and motivate... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Copperfield loves to do it with Flying, Snow, Grandpa and so many more...

Do you try do inspire and motivate with your Illusion performance?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hi Parker,

I'm not in stage illusions yet, but yes I always try to find as much as motivation to present the different effects in my show.

It easier to relate to the audience, their inspirations and dreams so they don't get bored by the simple "let me show you trick".

Oliver.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, Oliver Ross wrote:
Hi Parker,

I'm not in stage illusions yet, but yes I always try to find as much as motivation to present the different effects in my show.

It easier to relate to the audience, their inspirations and dreams so they don't get bored by the simple "let me show you trick".

Oliver.

Agreed. More relatable to those not into Magic...

It's "Pakar" btw... Smile
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Sorry for the mispelling Pakar Smile
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, Oliver Ross wrote:
Sorry for the mispelling Pakar Smile

No worries... Smile
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
The Sword Basket is one of those illusions. Mans inhumanity against man" and "succeeding against all odds"

The assistant is made to feel small and has her freedom taken away, then she is poked and prodded, she is stomped on (her spirit is crushed) then the performer sits in her place as if to say that she does not exist.
Finally she appears, straddling the edge of the basket triumphantly, as if to say she has overcome her captivity and mistreatment and no one can take her spirit away.

On a smaller scale, I have a version of 3bell Monty with patter that shows high school kids how people will mislead you - and how to be successful by NOT playing their games.

The Kuma tubes can be performed with an inner script of "life being bountiful". Even though it's performed without patter the action of showing the tubes empty and making productions several times, does tell a story.
This effect with the Kuma tubes is different then the M Bottles because the bottles are sometimes viewed more-as a puzzle IMO.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, jay leslie wrote:
The Sword Basket is one of those illusions. Mans inhumanity against man" and "succeeding against all odds"

The assistant is made to feel small and has her freedom taken away, then she is poked and prodded, she is stomped on (her spirit is crushed) then the performer sits in her place as if to say that she does not exist.
Finally she appears, straddling the edge of the basket triumphantly, as if to say she has overcome her captivity and mistreatment and no one can take her spirit away.

To take it one step higher, I would suggest this if it is appropriate for you...

Talk about the oppression, trafficking and abuse of women all around the world.

How she is taken forcefully, put in a confinement and tortured...

But your hope is that through the power of love in all of us, ask the audience to feel the love for all the trapped women and children everywhere...

With our love and effort...

She can set herself free.

That...

Would be beautiful and so moving.

Well, to me at least. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » A discussion of Illusion as a means to inspire and motivate... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL