The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » These Two Illusions Were Shot For IMS Best of The Best (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
Your comments would be greatly appreciated on what you think of my zombie and dancing cane routine.
Thanks Jerry Foster

http://thumbtip.home.comcast.net/jerryspage/magician1.html

click under fourth topic my illusions Smile
"Life is a sexually transmitted, terminal condition" Normal is a setting on a dryer"
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Hey Jerry,

Try posting them on http://www.cheaterscheater.com

Pete
Ricahato
View Profile
Regular user
denver
113 Posts

Profile of Ricahato
Wow you do them really good, try a move for the dancing cane where you don't move at all and only the cane does I think that will improve it. , just my opinion Smile
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
Why are you billed as the demented magician?
This doesn't come across in the clips.
Is your usual performing persona different to them?

Is this website to show to clients and the general public? If so why have you got thumbtip as part of the address?

I never really liked either of the effects you performed as a magic trick. They are a bit obvious unless they are done very well or just for a very short amount of time. By the third time the cane has swung around it would take an idiot not to realise how it worked. The zombie only looks good if you have very skilled acting abilities, to make me suspend disbelief and just watch it float by itself. Like watching a good mime, you know its not real but can enjoy the fantasy anyway.
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
Is your version of the Zombie able to be performed on a stage, or just for your videocamera?

I think we scared him away. oops.
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
The zombie can be used on both stage and parlor. Mr. Philblackmore, if you took the time to read my write-ups it would explain as to why the name Demented Magician is used. It was a nickname that the International Brotherhood of Magicians Ring 50 gave me back in 1989. As for my email address this is my choice to use thumbtip. On the IBM Ring 50 Web it is displayed as fostermagic@comcast.net If you have a problem with my email address that is too bad. You are entitled to your opinion however on both my zombie and dancing cane, you were honest about it that much I give you credit for...The rest of your post is of a very corrosive in nature.

Ricahato:
I thank you for your input....It is very hard for me to really move-around...I am sad to say I am a Disabled Veteran, and most of my life is with a cane.
The magic now is more for therapy and I still do shows. I can do the shows without a cane, but after doing so I pay for it with serious foot pain. But my heart is still in this. Here's an attachment to my web-site. I do use my magic at area VA-Hospitals with huge doses of comedy. These folks are true heros and people seem to foget all about them. These are people that will live the rest of their lives at a Veterans Hospital, because they have no other place to go, and can't care for themselves. So it is the least I can do.

http://thumbtip1.home.comcast.net/honorveterans.html
"Life is a sexually transmitted, terminal condition" Normal is a setting on a dryer"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22039 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thumbtip,

Thanks for the peak. If you are interested in a critique then I will give my view. If you are just showing us your abilities. Thank you.

The Zombie movie is just to dark. You could use some photo lights. There is just to much of the same moves, no matter how much you turn right or left. The move do seem new and should be recorded for history and possibly printed up for proper credit to you for future reference.

After this stunning different floating, you should move onto the more broad Zombie floating presentation. Keep working on it, as you may have something very unique.

The cane is still in the beginning stages. You did not look comfortable doing the routine. Sorry, to suggest you need a lot more work with this. I am sure you will master it.

Great showing of these classics!
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
Thank you my friend for the post....Actually I purchased the sphere and do very well with that. I did my thing with the zombie I designed and since can make the ball go over and around when wearing a black shirt....The sphere from Dirk and Tommy is a beautiful piece and feel very comfortable with it. The concept is great, I used it at a parlor show, and it can be done with any type of lighting. I was not comfortable with the cane because I was in very bad pain, and it is showing....These are not excuses just facts, but certainly love doing magic and nothing will take that away. I do love new things and love the classics and do not want to see them go...You constructive critque was appreciated.

Here is where the real magic is...Last week, I was with my brothers last Memorial Day. We are all members of the Disabled American Veterans'. I am in the center and was in the Gulf War. The other two around me served both Korea and Vietnam. All of us are retired military. I am proud because we raised almost five thousand dollars in donations. The people were great and very supportive of the ones serving, and the ones that have served. It felt good for people to be thankful.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00438644f00000006.jpg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » These Two Illusions Were Shot For IMS Best of The Best (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL