The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Live Eagle Cam (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15959 Posts

Profile of tommy
It's a wonder it is still alive.

Killing the national bird for the climate scam

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.co.uk/2014......cam.html
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2014, tommy wrote:
It's a wonder it is still alive.

Killing the national bird for the climate scam

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.co.uk/2014......cam.html

I've talked about this before. Any other power source, or any other industry alltogether and the Admin would slap a clamp on them so fast it would make your head spin. And they would sic every agency under the sun on them in an attempt to destroy them.

But wind farms are "green" and we love green stuff! So 500,000 birds a year, including around 90 thousand birds of prey are allowed to be killed in direct violation of the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act and various other federal laws and regulations. Not only have they used Executive action to trump the law, as of January they extended the eagle take permits (free passes to wipe out protected birds with no consequences) from 5 years to 30 years. They don't even levy a token fine that could be used for conservation in other areas. Typical phony "environmentalists".
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
The eaglet is now "branching". He should be flying soon. Any guesses? I'll take next Friday, May 16th.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I can't see anything of her (it's thought that the eaglet is a female because she's about the size of her father now. The only thing I can see at this time of night at the approach cam is a mass that could be her on a branch at about 10:00 in the view. Hard to say. I wonder if she's fledged?
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

You can see her in the nest cam.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
OK! Got her back and see her now! Thanks Daryl!

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4863 Posts

Profile of landmark
She's doing a lot of flapping of wings, bouncing from branch to nest and back again.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On May 7, 2014, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
Any guesses? I'll take next Friday, May 16th.

I'll guess it will take off (hopefully successfully) by this Wed, May 14.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4863 Posts

Profile of landmark
I don't see anyone in the nest...
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I don't see her either, on the nest cam or the approach cam. She may have fledged. But in the night? Maybe it's the safest time, instinctively, for her to try to fly the first time? If she did, and she made it, she'll be back. Let's hope to see her again.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4863 Posts

Profile of landmark
Daylight. No one there on either cam. Is that good or bad?
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
It's there, I can see it on the approach cam. It hasn't flown yet as far as I know so if you couldn't see it, it was probably
way up in the treetop out of camera view.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

As of right now she is in the nest.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Well see if you called it right today Daryl. I missed my guess, but there have been so many times this week I thought it might take off. Could happen any time.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
She's been flappin her wings a lot! Going from nest to branches and back to nest. could be any time now!!! check it out!!!!!

Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I'd have sworn she would go yesterday. She was perched on the edge of the nest and pop was right there as well, almost as if urging her on. Now the nest is empty, but the approach cam is very much out of focus and difficult to make out much of an image of her. I wonder if she went? If so, I hope we see her again.

Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Looks like it is raining and the approach lens got wet, but she can still be seen perched above the nest. Should be any day now.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I don't think it's raining because the nest cam seems dry. But the approach cam is definitely wet. It looks like something is dripping on it. I still can't make her out though.

Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

The lens is dry and focused now. She is way out on the branch.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4863 Posts

Profile of landmark
They were both on the branch next to each other a moment ago. I think it's going to happen very soon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Live Eagle Cam (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL