The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Books? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FedericoFitzko
View Profile
New user
Bergamo, Italy
21 Posts

Profile of FedericoFitzko
I'm looking for a book (well, more than one Smile ) about illusions which resumes a bit all the techniques (I'm not talking of routines, I'm talking of the methods used i.e. deceptive base, wedge base, etc...). I'm passing throuhg a research phase and a book like that will be very helpfull. Can someone tell me if there is such a book and if it's purchasable online? I have to order online because where I live it's almost impossible to find books like that. Any ideas?
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
The book I would suggest is "The Seven Basic Secrets of Illusion Design" by Eric Van Duzer.

It is strictly a collection of methods, it discusses over 90 stage illusions and their methods. It is not a design book, or a book with plans, the drawings are all about the 1-2" size. It is 180 pages spiral bound.

But it is very good.

Paul Osborne used to carry it, but I just checked and did not see it on his site at the moment.

Hope this helps out.

Blair
pkessler
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of pkessler
Federico,

I'm similarly situated to you in that I am experiencing a steep growth curve. I second Blair's recommendation. The Eric Van Duzer book is fantastic. It is also available on Amazon's website in kindle format for about $10.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
That is an amazing price for the info in it!

B
FedericoFitzko
View Profile
New user
Bergamo, Italy
21 Posts

Thanks I'm definitely going for this one in kindle version! (Kindle is a loooong way better for me because it would take ages and a lot of money Smile for a delivery from the US)
Other suggestions? Smile
FedericoFitzko
View Profile
New user
Bergamo, Italy
21 Posts

Pkessler can yiu tell me (maybe via pm) the link because the only one I can found at that price is "The Magician's Secrets of Illusion Design" by Eric Van Duzer...is this the same book?
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
I believe that's the one Federico. There are a lot of others. Paul Osborne's books are great and have specific designs. You'll also need to learn woodworking/cabinetmaking, metal working, and plastic working. Also how to work with fabrics and all the other components of building an illusion show if this is your plan.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
FedericoFitzko
View Profile
New user
Bergamo, Italy
21 Posts

Ok I'll buy it in a minute...I always work with wood and metal and if you go in the workshop session you'll find a couple of my posts where I posted some pics of my where does the duck go illusion...whith this book (and others) I'm only in search of "something else" like effects that I don't know or different methods because my knowledge is mostly based on online stuff....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Books? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL