The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Out of Body MRI (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/......y-found/

Thought this was an interesting read. Could provide some interesting background for…..

(I do a bit that I’ve (privately) named “Hypnotic Regression Meets Astral Projection”. This is definitely going somewhere in my monologue! Smile )
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I've spoke about this on here before. I used to do the same thing as this girl. Maybe even a step further because before I learnt to control the experience, it would happen involuntarily. From about 7 to 16 years old, I too thought it was normal and it wasn't untill I started talking about it with friends that I realised any different.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Very interesting read indeed, thanks for sharing.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Yes, very interesting. More so, Sean's experiences with "Out of Body". The whole subject matter is now back "on the agenda", with various people from all walks of life appearing on chat shows and telling of their experiences.

There was a book written a number of years ago about a woman (French I think?) who was also experiencing OOB. Apparently she was able to give the details of objects that were placed on a shelf way above her own eye level, even though she had no idea what they were, or where they were prior to her going into OOB.

The name of the book escapes me, but, I intend tracking it down.

No doubt she could teach us all a thing or to about Remote Viewing!!
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Typo; to should read, two.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Thank you for sharing this.

When I was about 8 years old I used to lay in bed at night with my eyes closed and start to see other places. The more I allowed it to happen, the more vivid the images became, to the point where I had to open my eyes to make sure I was not dreaming.

It's possible those experiences were lucid dreams. I don't really know.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
I actually tried to do this using instructions from Llewellyn type books. Never got anywhere, although I did “make the candle change color”. I have a very simple test, to see if anyone can actually control their journey, but until the internet would not have known how to contact such people. Not on my agenda to differentiate between remote viewing and astral travel (at least not yet), simply to find those who can see something happening in a different location from their physical bodies. I have to say I have some doubts, but would LOVE to find evidence.

Sean, I remember our conversation from before. Very interesting stuff!

Lucid dreaming is something I’ve become fairly proficient at. The key (at least for me) is to first recognize that it IS a dream, and then to make “gentle” changes, so as to not upset the “world”. Quite often, if I don’t like how a dream is going, I can consciously “reset” or “rewind” to an earlier point and direct the activity along a different path.

All very fascinating.

also on FaceBook
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
But, it means nothing, the study was only done on one person, and crucially they have not shown pics of what 'a normal brain looks like when just imagining being out of your body'- just what do those scans really indicate..................?

it is not science in the least bit, just a potential waste of MRI resources.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
While I’d agree that this particular series “proves” nothing, I think your concept of scientific method may be fundamentally flawed. Did Gregor Mendel’s first dozen or so trips to the garden count for nothing?

Since much of what happens in the brain is initially reported in a subjective manner, simply the fact that someone “caught” an objective recording is itself somewhat groundbreaking.

The fact that only one person has been tested so far is also not a cause for concern (yet). Remember how much William Beaumont learned about gastric physiology from one guy with a shotgun wound.

The fact that this “something” has occurred, even if only once, demonstrates conclusively that it CAN occur. Now what is left is to find out exactly what that “something” is.

also on FaceBook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Out of Body MRI (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL