The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » I/We want to learn the Gypsy Thread. (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I’m sure it has been discussed in the past, but new variations may have come out.
For those who have tried and tested one or more versions, please share with the rest of us.
Which version and why you love it or hate it. Share with us what you can without exposing any method, be it a story line, ease of execution and practicality etc.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=4

There are some differences in how the thread is prepared and how the restored thread is brought in. The biggest differences is in how it's presented. Other differences would be the kind of thread you choose to use.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
L&L publishing has a DVD in the "World's Greatest" series on Gypsy Thread.

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2519

I agree with motown on presentation being key.

Gypsy Thread is a perfect effect for asserting your individuality. Have Fun!

-Mary Mowder
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
Eugene Burgers version from Spirit Theatre because of the great explanation.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Http://www.lybrary.com/the-hindu-thread-......098.html this booklet will help you very much. esspecialy the ali bongo tips.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Gary Ouellette has a great presentation as well.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Lonnie Chevries - Gypsy Floss! Buy his penguin lecture, its packed full of workable material.

Here's Joel Bauer performing a variation of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwDyZylLqhk
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Peter Samelson also sells a unique interpretation through Bill Abbott's website:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2W7KcFEqk
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2014, Chamberlain wrote:
Lonnie Chevries - Gypsy Floss! Buy his penguin lecture, its packed full of workable material.

Here's Joel Bauer performing a variation of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwDyZylLqhk

I second this one.

KJ
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
This is a wonderful effect, but for me its magic is in the patter. This, I feel, needs to be personal to you and your life and experiences. My advice would be to learn it as it was first presented, and then work hard to develop a meaningful story line. I have about 5 story lines, depending on the circumstances. For example, at Thanksgiving it makes for a great lesson on how much we have to be thankful for...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
I totally agree. The best presentations I've seen have a great story.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Which is weird because it totally works as a strong visual effect in loud settings as well.

-Mary Mowder
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Fred kaps used it in his stage act in 1858: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej6cGNpnicw
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Haven't seen that one before, thanks for posting.
– Karl Germain
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Thank you all for the insight to this amazing effect, I actually received an email thanking me for starting this thread, but it was all who added a apost we need to thank.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It's probably one of the easiest tricks to do. Get basting thread and go for it. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2014, ROBERT BLAKE wrote:
Fred kaps used it in his stage act in 1858: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej6cGNpnicw

it should be 1958, sorry.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2014, Mary Mowder wrote:
Which is weird because it totally works as a strong visual effect in loud settings as well.

-Mary Mowder
The story adds an emotional hook that makes it's that much more powerful, at least for me.
– Karl Germain
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I feel the same way but there are times, like doing strolling in a loud party, when it is very nice to have something totally visual. Gypsy Thread holds up on several levels.

-Mary Mowder
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Mary you are right. that is what I like about the gypsy thread you can use it almost everywhere. I have done it on stage. I also used it for the introduction of my money lines in my street show. it is very adaptable for patter.

my storyline: "my mother made me and my brother always clothes. was cheaper in those days. one day she asked me if I could made those smale pieces of thread into one longer thread again. so I did by using my magic".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » I/We want to learn the Gypsy Thread. (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL