The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IConic By Shin Lim (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
SHIN STEALING AND THIEVING AGAIN FOLKS!

non of this is his.. he will again say.. "i HAVE NEVER seen anyone else do this" but he is stealing from the dynamo team AGAIN!

kid your a thief
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Alan, I'd love to see the episode where he did this! Do you happen to recall what it was?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Spme is in season 2 and some is in season 3.. id recommend watching.. Like shim has to get his ideas!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Also just for fun... here is a hands on version. it can also be done hands off etc.. I just think it looks too fake like that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWGHbXxTmQ
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
But tell us how you really feel about it, Alan... Smile
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
The bill change is pretty much First Hand done with a phone
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, Sashac wrote:
The bill change is pretty much First Hand done with a phone

I'm not here to take the defense of Shin Lim but I think there are lots of tricks out there that are small variations of something that existed before.

As for the link Alan give, I would like to see a hands off version of your trick Alan Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Parrott
View Profile
New user
Wirral, England
53 Posts

Profile of Parrott
This isn't the first time that Shin has stolen from Alan. First we had SSS and now this. It seems as if he is trawling through Alan's back work and cherry picking his lesser known material to release under his own name. It's a shame that we as a community let this carry on. You could say we aren't, however someone is giving him money despite his known thievery and deception regarding all his releases.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The trailer and detail video really look like this will be good collection of iPhone tricks, that has nothing to do with buying Apps.

I do believe the only drawback will be the ability of most of the Café magician's. An item like this takes skill and guts to present, along with a true believability in yourself to present good sleight of hand magic, with unmatched ability at misdirection. Nothing self working here. You will need to convincingly switch phone's in and out under very difficult situations or you will be doing it only 1 on 1.

$80.00 for 2 gimmicked fake iPhone's that will pass for the real thing, if the one borrowed was not marked or changed in some way to cause it to not be a stock item. It looks it worth it, but how many can do a Tenkai Palm with an iPhone to change to an Apple.

I would say this is only for Real Magicians, it will weed out the pretenders very fast.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
And its not his his bill.. main draw back
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
There seemed to be an awful lot of ideas on that trailer that were nothing to do with a moving logo Alan.

Not trying to rile you, but as with the iClear thread, this just doesn't seem to be the theft you're saying it is.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The moving camera we done for dynamo season 2 and 3 and the bill change is justin millers...
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
By moving camera, which bit do you mean? In Shins video he removes a chunk from the phone. As far as I recall, Dynamo twisted a phone back to front, didn't he?

Not the same if that's true.

I do not have the time (as I'm working) to view each Dynamo video on YouTube, but I don't recall him ever doing what's in Shin's video.

I agree that the bill change looks like Justin Millers, but until someone's actually got the DVD, we'd have to reserve judgement on that wouldn't we?

Overall though, if Shin has been ripping you guys off with iClear and now this, I'd imagine your team have presented him with the solid facts and that there must be dialogue between all parties to resolve the situation. Any update on that?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Yes dynamo done the moving camera not just the twist.. the kids been stealing for years... we have tried to contact him but he just ignores you when you show him facts... he is a thief...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, bgm4gic wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2014, Stucky wrote:
Anyone who believes every bit of this is possible or practical except in front of a camera is gonna be very disappointed I suspect.

This does looks amazing... but you are very right, SHIN seems to like the idea of not performing in front of actual spectators.. its easy to create "miracles" in front of a camera and then edit in music and graphics.

I will wait for reviews.. but I have a feeling its going to be a lot of awkward movements, and space issues.

best,
brandon

That isn't quite true.

Shin loves to perform in massive stadiums filled with thousands watching from afar + his YouTube.

For me the bottom line is he is an extremely talented guy, desparately needs some professional management of his consumer products business, and he is certainly no David Regal, Wayne Houchin or Dan Harlan (to name just a few fantastic and dependable creators) in terms of putting out effects "for the rest of us."

Note how Shin is like a hit and run on these threads btw - pops in at the beginning, then scrams when the actual feedback comes rolling in.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
WillJonesMagic
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
45 Posts

Profile of WillJonesMagic
To me it seems very simple: Don't try and pull a fast one.
If you're releasing something that you don't have permission to release (which is what he appears to have done more than once with Alan's IP), or you're claiming that what you're releasing will teach you to do something it doesn't (which also appears to be the case with some of the 'It looks to good to be true' footage from the trailers) you're going to get sniffed out very quickly and make the wrong kind of name for yourself.

If you feel like you're being unfairly pigeon-holed into either of the above, then ask, discuss, defend yourself/apologise if needs be and more than anything - learn.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Where was this available? And yes, the resemblance is a little too suspicious
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Alan I feel for you mate!!

Not that it really helps you, but I for one will never buy anything from Shin Lim!!!
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, Alan Rorrison wrote:
By request....http://youtu.be/sZA_HE174F4

Okay...I see what you mean now regarding that effect.

Oh. Dear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IConic By Shin Lim (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL