The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Saddleback briefcase? Yea or nay? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nate The Magician
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Nate The Magician
Has anyone ever used a saddleback bag? Is it magic-usable?
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I've been wanting to get one of their Travel Bags for a while. I think they look beautiful.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I vote Totally - the more beat up and worn, the better!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yes rklew64~~~

Years ago, new circus acts knew enough to buy an OLD, BATTERED TRUNK, so that when they joined a show, they would look a bit more like an experienced trouper, and not a "first o' May!

What's a "saddle back" bag?????

Most of my cases, over the past 50 years, have come from thrift shops and yard sales!!! I've bought calesmen's catalog cases that would have cost a yard (that's a hundred bucks) for #5.00. And, they weren't junk! Many of them looked almost new!

Plan how you will perform, and buy what's appropriate.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
They are high quality products. Just be careful what style you choose. I worked for years out of an old doctor's bag. I changed because small items were constantly getting lost in the bottom of this "vertical" storage system. I switched to aluminum paneled briefcases years ago and this "horizontal' system is much more efficient.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I agree MRS! When I had doves, I had a 'semi' vertical system, When the doves quit show business, I went back to a 13" x 20" x 8" ("fat" attache case). Everything is visible!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Shadowmoor
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Shadowmoor
One of the best bags made, IMHO, but the interior consists of two large spaces with two small and two medium pockets attached to the interior walls. For magic, I'd have lots of loose items in the two large interior spaces and things might be difficult to retrieve quickly. The bag itself will take anything you can put it through, though, so you won't be replacing it anytime soon.

I use mine as a business briefcase (the best I've had, and I've been through many) and I don't anticipate ever replacing it unless it's lost or stolen. On top of this, the warranty is outstanding.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Which Saddleback bag do you use Shadowmoor? Mind showing a pic of your bag loaded?
Shadowmoor
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Shadowmoor
I have the medium classic briefcase. I had to reduce the picture per the upload limit requirements, hopefully you can get some idea of the interior.

It's essentially two large compartments, but the front one has two small pockets at the ends and two medium pockets in the middle. The sides are bowed in because I don't have a lot in it at the moment, but you can see that there's room for expansion if I were to stuff it full of things.

There are also two small compartments on either side of the exterior and a large thin compartment on the back of the bag (good for papers and such). It's a fairly heavy bag due to its solid construction.

The company also makes a belt pouch that I use for my phone but it also works great for a deck of Bikes with a little space left over. Your belt goes through a large opening behind the back of the pouch so that it can't come flying off your belt, as has happened to me with many other phone cases. If you wear your phone in a belt case or holster, this thing will spoil you for other cases.

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Saddleback briefcase? Yea or nay? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL