The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism in Vegas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dfield
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of dfield
Paul Vigigl for sure
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10629 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, mixman wrote:
I believe Allison Campbell is based out of Vegas. I don't know if she has a gig there or is on the Road right now.

She lives there but meh...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10629 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Why not go see Cashetta? She waa a huge hit at the last MindVention.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Joe Atmore
View Profile
Elite user
Joe Atmore
422 Posts

Profile of Joe Atmore
There was some European mentalist doing an afternoon show last year. For the life of me, can't recall the venue or the guy. Tickets were pricey. I didn't see the show, but it might also be an option. The hotel concierge might know or have one of the advertising cards which is how I learned of it.

Jeff McBride's Wonderground has mentalists on occasion - third Thursday each month. Paul Draper performs there often and if anyone is around in June, I will be in the Parlour - myself, not Dunninger - though he may slip in!
Best Thoughts,

Joe Atmore
International Artists Consultant Uri Geller's Phenomenon TV Series;
PEA Bob Haines Memorial Award;
Dunninger Show Recreation;
Author of Dunninger Knows and Dunninger's Brain Busters

JosephAtmore.com
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
It's not so much "mentalism" as it is the economics of producing a show in this town.

what does that mean?
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Why not go see Cashetta? She waa a huge hit at the last MindVention.

Cashetta's not in Vegas. I believe she's in DE on the East Coast.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2014, backinblack wrote:
Quote:
It's not so much "mentalism" as it is the economics of producing a show in this town.

what does that mean?

It means most mentalists can't afford to do a show in this town.
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2014, backinblack wrote:
Quote:

what does that mean?

It means most mentalists can't afford to do a show in this town.

sorry but do not understand.. usually mentalsts get money for performance.. so why can they not effort? hotelcosts etc.?
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9987 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
This is covered in more detail regularly in the Tricky Business section of the Café', but that's not how Vegas works for 98% of stage shows or residency shows in Las Vegas. You have to rent the venue and produce & promote your own shows yourself. Very few anymore pay for such entertainment. They require you to have $200,000-$300,000 upfront and a full multi-year marketing plan to even be considered for such a lease deal. It's all about real estate, not entertainment anymore sadly. This is a quick general overview, but it's the basics.

This is why many Vegas mentalists do private events such as corporate, trade shows and conventions, cruise ships, etc.
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
This is covered in more detail regularly in the Tricky Business section of the Café', but that's not how Vegas works for 98% of stage shows or residency shows in Las Vegas. You have to rent the venue and produce & promote your own shows yourself. Very few anymore pay for such entertainment. They require you to have $200,000-$300,000 upfront and a full multi-year marketing plan to even be considered for such a lease deal. It's all about real estate, not entertainment anymore sadly. This is a quick general overview, but it's the basics.

This is why many Vegas mentalists do private events such as corporate, trade shows and conventions, cruise ships, etc.

ah oki now I understand.. in vegas you are most of the times comletely freelancer while you are usually (outside vegas) hired for 1 or more show(s)..

thx for info.. Smile
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
Last I heard Paul's no longer here. Best bet is Gerry McCambridge

I agree with this post. Gerry McCambridge's show is a must see. You may just be a part of it also as he trys to get as many audience participants as possible to be a part of his show.
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
sorry but do not understand.. usually mentalsts get money for performance.. so why can they not effort? hotelcosts etc.?

It means most of the shows in Las Vegas are 4 Walled. Means performers pay for the room, etc.
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism in Vegas? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL