The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Brown Hornet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Without going into details and keeping things as hush hush as possible as this is the open forum could someone answer a few questions.
Will this work with a marker pen as with the butterfly, i.e a sharpie?
How quick, easy, subtle is the p##k for stage?
Whilst I'm sure John would supply identical non-gimmicked boards, for the sake of parsimony is it possible to get matching non gimmicked boards from staples etc in the UK (I need 5 in all)?
Is it the general consensus that all these years on this is still the best around?
Thanks, Ed
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ask downstairs in "inner thoughts" - it'll appear on the forum to you, after you've made 50 posts...
I've asked to be banned
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
I'd rather not make 12 superfluous posts just to get to inner thoughts, there's enough nonsense on here already, ahem, see above, ahem Smile
I'm pretty sure my post is cryptic enough not to give anything away and sure someone in the know will be happy to answer my questions equally cryptically or by PM.
Iain, I'm sure you're an absolute delight and have a lot to bring to the subject but is it really necessary to post on every topic (even when you have nothing positive to add) and lord it over the newer members. I'm sure policing the magic Café is highly regarded amongst some but it does seem to diminish the concept of "Magician helping Magicians".
Well that's one post closer!
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
It's not lording anything over newer members. It's simply stating that there is an appropriate forum to talk about methods and such, and that it is available to members who have made 50 posts or more.

You might think you're being careful, but some one will come into the thread and openly talk about all the things we don't want to be talked about in public. We've all seen it happen, by people who should know when and how to keep their mouths shut.

I think making sure people know where to post and keeping the tools of the trade within the trade are viable and worthwhile ways magicians can help other magicians.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2014, ed wood wrote:

Iain, I'm sure you're an absolute delight and have a lot to bring to the subject but is it really necessary to post on every topic (even when you have nothing positive to add) and lord it over the newer members.

can you give me three instances where I've done this please?
I've asked to be banned
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
I'd rather not make 12 superfluous posts just to get to inner thoughts, there's enough nonsense on here already, ahem, see above, ahem Smile
I'm pretty sure my post is cryptic enough not to give anything away and sure someone in the know will be happy to answer my questions equally cryptically or by PM.
Iain, I'm sure you're an absolute delight and have a lot to bring to the subject but is it really necessary to post on every topic (even when you have nothing positive to add) and lord it over the newer members. I'm sure policing the magic Café is highly regarded amongst some but it does seem to diminish the concept of "Magician helping Magicians".
Well that's one post closer!

Part of that "helping" is to help keep concepts, secrets and chatter about methods on the appropriate forums which doesn't diminish anything. Does that help?
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Ed,

Your question belongs downstairs. Somethings need to be kept secret..

Rick~ Smile
Self concept is destiny..
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Certain things need to be kept secret, hence magicians (Iain) helping magicians in that vain. Having the 50 required posts is a symbol of dedication and commitment to the art. If your posts are redundant and superfluous (according to your statement), I'm not even sure if performers will PM you as a response to your questions. Good luck.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Demitri
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of Demitri
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2014, IAIN wrote:
Quote:

Iain, I'm sure you're an absolute delight and have a lot to bring to the subject but is it really necessary to post on every topic (even when you have nothing positive to add) and lord it over the newer members.

FOUND ONE! Just kidding, Iain.

He's not lording anything, Ed - and you're seriously barking up the wrong tree here. Iain is one of the most helpful members on this forum. He's also quite passionate, hence his preference for conversations like this to be kept in less public arenas.
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2014, Demitri wrote:

Iain is one of the most helpful members on this forum. He's also quite passionate, hence his preference for conversations like this to be kept in less public arenas.

What Demitri said...
'Curiouser and curiouser."
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thanks, though I'm not all that helpful to be honest...

anyway, as I was lording it over the forum, nay! my digital kingdom...it was for very good reason...

i own a few of john r's work, some bespoke stuff too - I care about the items and them remaining secret...

and the answer is a little more involved than a simple yes/no...

so yeah, verily I doth fay unto him "go and do one"

and I'm sure he'll say he got a PM about it explaining it all, so good for him...
I've asked to be banned
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Oh do stop "lording it" Iain!!!

"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm on a lordathon right now...

its a john lordathon, so I'm turning deep purple right now...

oooooof...

#lordingitlikeaboss
I've asked to be banned
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Boooooo Car Key Lord Smile Smile
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Ian are you spamming threads again?????? Ian is an asset to this place, not sure how he's bringing anything negative to the table.
Twitter @darjames
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2014, IAIN wrote:
Quote:

Which three do you want Iain ? LOL !
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Naming three for Iain-
this one
that one
and the other one

there, that is three..... may I be of service with anything else Lord Iain?

lol Iain is actually being nicer then a lot of others would have been on the penny forum.... I have seen people flogged here for a lot less.
and by responding to our posts to you the opening of the door gets a little closer.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Where's parmenion when you need him?
I've asked to be banned
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I must say I do miss him, I seemed to get along with him quite fine.
Twitter @darjames
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Ed,

Downstairs is not publicly searchable by internet search engines. That is why it is preferred. You have named a product with its trade name and suggested that it is gaffed. Those items should be kept within the profession and not be made available for searches.

Milord Iain was correct to admonish you gently. Your own behaviour has been insensitive and boorish.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Brown Hornet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL