The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Closers that aren't C&B and Bill in Lemon? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1001 Posts

Profile of Ado
51 cards to pocket. I think it's a good closer.

P!
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
"I am merely trying to state that different is GOOD!" I agree, KendallScot.
The presentation makes the magic.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3084 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Spellbinder's Version of Duke Stern's Dye-version is pretty awesome when done on the street. You might think reloading that big silk streamer would be a hassle afterwards, but not when it is basically reloaded as you are gathering it in and the production of it high in the air over everyone's heads is a real neck twister introduction for the next performance. You don't even need to use the streamer on every show- alternate with a chain of silks and/or a chain of flags of all nations. Spellbinder's Dye-Version Version can be found in The Wizards' Journal #17.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2040 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thank you Kendalscot, I like to watch people grow! Keep on keeping on.
KendallScot
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, Colorado
133 Posts

Profile of KendallScot
I just uploaded a video of my closer to YouTube. I'm also going to start a separate thread with it to get some feedback:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBNFHIsDChg

If the link does not work, search for "Busking Pearl Street Mall"

This is by far not my best performance which is why I had not posted it before. My act is a lot better now and I have a great antique case I work out of. Two interesting issues I dealt with... The kid in black shorts standing there with his arms crossed had seen my show and was bound and determined to "figure out how it's all done" He was also determined not to laugh but I crack him up a lot! Also the lady standing right behind me on the cell phone was very distracting. I love that part of Busking! Always keeping me on my toes! I also borked up my hat line pretty bad... I forgot half of it and put it in way too early. Live and learn...
Kendall Scot

"The art of a magician is to create wonder. If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives will be filled with joy"
**Doug Henning**

"I drank WHAT?""
**Socrates**
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Instead of racking your brain thinking of the trick your going to do as a closer, you can think of the reaction you want. an old street pro told me you can end with the audience roaring in laughter, or end with their jaws dropped because of some display of skill. this old pro was not a magician...
augiemagic
View Profile
Regular user
Overland Park, KS
162 Posts

Profile of augiemagic
Dick - I just watched a couple videos of the "Egg, Tray, and Glasses". That's great! Thanks for bringing that to my attention! It doesn't look too outdoor friendly (with wind and all) but I could be wrong. I'm gonna play with it and I think I've got a spot for it in my indoor show.
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Kendall

I looks like you are enjoying your magical journey - yes that is a closer (the video you shared above)- entertaining and I reckon that there is value in the noise that accompanies the ending - I would be interested to see how it has developed and how you present it differently now.

Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob).
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1821 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
After a 20 year hiatus from busking, I am doing it again. Where I am busking it is mostly parents and children under 14. I end with my version of Capharts misers dream. It is not the hardest hitting routine I do, but it is very solid and better yet, it deals with money and putting money into my can. Could you ask for a better lead up to passing the hat (or in my case "can")?

I think in a paid gig it is good to close with your strongest routine, but when busking I also want to loosen those wallets, and this seems to do the trick for me.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1302 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
KendallScot I like your ending a lot very visual and the idea its not done under cover I would push more. As Bob mentioned the audio sound is great as well.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
KendallScot
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, Colorado
133 Posts

Profile of KendallScot
Thank you Yellow... or shall I call you "Mr. Custard"?
:-)

I'm working on the re-do of the routine now and hope to try it out this weekend on Pearl Street Mall. I'm hoping to have it down by then. If I can get a decent video of it, I'll post it.
Kendall Scot

"The art of a magician is to create wonder. If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives will be filled with joy"
**Doug Henning**

"I drank WHAT?""
**Socrates**
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Closers that aren't C&B and Bill in Lemon? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL