The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » T A Waters Mind Myth and Magic (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Hey guys - wondering if someone could point me in right direction. Been looking for this book but everywhere seems out of stock in UK. Is the book out of print? Anyone know if an ebook version was released?
There is no holy grail!
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Gumar Oz DuBar
Yes, this book is out of print. As far the ebook part, not sure. I have the physical copy (got it recently actually). Either way I recommend trying to get your hands on it, physical or ebook.
I write and edit text.
Wilf Jonson
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Wilf Jonson
There is no authorized ebook at this time.
Amro
View Profile
New user
Room 217
52 Posts

Profile of Amro
It is a great book. You could buy a used one (e.g. on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0......er=&sr=).
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
It's on Bob Cassidy's list of 39 Steps. If you can find a copy pick it up.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Yea know it's good. Just don't want to pay over the odds for it. Will keep searching.
There is no holy grail!
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2483 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
You could post a WTB under books and lectures notes for sale or trade.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1582 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
It is a very heavy tome, so, postage will set you back! Believe me, it is worth it though!
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Before you spend a fortune you might contact Hermetic Press, the publisher, to see if they're planning a reprint. If they could reformat the text for the Kindle everyone would benefit financially (and for the first time the book could be comfortably read on the John). That reminds me of the disappointing ebook I once printed out on Charmin...
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2014, Mike Ince wrote:
Before you spend a fortune you might contact Hermetic Press, the publisher, to see if they're planning a reprint. If they could reformat the text for the Kindle everyone would benefit financially (and for the first time the book could be comfortably read on the John). That reminds me of the disappointing ebook I once printed out on Charmin...

Thanks for letting me borrow your copy years ago Mike. I had no problem reading it comfortably on the John.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
What is a reasonable bid? The price range is so great - granted dependent on the condition. I think I might have 2 copies - one of those forgot I had it and picked up another one situations, which I'm certain we all have done.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Quote:
Thanks for letting me borrow your copy years ago Mike. I had no problem reading it comfortably on the John.

I knew it! Now I know why a page from the index is missing.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Mystery solved. Smile
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Lol I'll try contacting the publisher.
There is no holy grail!
pickin_grinnin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
144 Posts

Profile of pickin_grinnin
>It is a very heavy tome,
>so, postage will set you back!

Have it sent book rate. It's much, much cheaper.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
You'll be glad you have it.
emptysafe
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of emptysafe
I've been hearing about this book for a long time. How good is it actually? Compared with Derren Brown's work?
If you don't want to miss out what's happening on cafe & magic videos...check this:
http://magicdigest.herokuapp.com/
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
I hear it is one of the best after 13 steps to study.
There is no holy grail!
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2014, emptysafe wrote:
I've been hearing about this book for a long time. How good is it actually? Compared with Derren Brown's work?

emptysafe,

That is kind of a hard comparison. The thing that makes Derren's material great is... Derren's performance. No doubt the much methodology he employs speaks to philosophy of what makes great effects (use of boldness, perceptual sculpting and invisible compromise), but effects themselves are just the food, not the life. So, T.A. Waters contains plenty of fodder. It is well worth owning and reading. Besides, he has a great last name. I am not just saying because he is "Uncle Tom".
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Couldn't agree more with Sean. What makes Derrens work is his presentation and acting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » T A Waters Mind Myth and Magic (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL