The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Card Quality (Bikes) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jefferson8888
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jefferson8888
Phoenix deck s a good alternative to bicycle deck, but it will be more expensive. But you get good quality on what you pay for.
msukairi
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of msukairi
I switched already to phoenix, it's more better quality.
darksage
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of darksage
I really like Richard Turner's deck as they are recognized by almost everyone as bikes, so it's one less thing to have to worry about when performing.
SleightlyChris
View Profile
Veteran user
Lancashire, England
368 Posts

Profile of SleightlyChris
Well Richard Turners Gold Seals are just that. They are bikes. However they use a bee stock and have a traditional cut! Faro like you're in ancient egypt!
fsharp
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of fsharp
So are you saying that bikes from Costco are not the same quality as in other shops?
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
The last four posts have been about Phoenix and Turner Gold Seals. Costco sells Bicycle Standards. I have no reason to believe that they are worse than any other Standards you can find, but others on the forum have commented otherwise.
SleightlyChris
View Profile
Veteran user
Lancashire, England
368 Posts

I've bought a couple bricks from Costo before. I would say more often than not I would get a deck with the cards already buckled. Or would buckle shortly after handling them for maybe 30 min of just DL or passes. Turner's, I haven't had any problems with buckles. I can't say for phoenix. I just read on their site about how there are Phoenix Masters and Traditionals. I don't know which ones come inside the brick that you order for them.
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
I suspect a humidity problem there. Never had buckled decks from my Costco, just rough cut edges and the finish is not always as slippery as premium cards.
SleightlyChris
View Profile
Veteran user
Lancashire, England
368 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 13, 2015, LesL wrote:
I suspect a humidity problem there. Never had buckled decks from my Costco, just rough cut edges and the finish is not always as slippery as premium cards.

Agreed, very rough cut. Occasionally I got uneven printing on the cards as well. Didn't feel like shipping the deck to ohio though so it was a practice deck.
Tukaram
View Profile
Regular user
Iloilo, Philippines
198 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
The main reasons I prefer Bicycles is the vast assortment of gaffs available, and that they are easily recognized by everyone. People are already suspicious of magicians anyway...they know you are up to something... so having a "standard" deck, I think, is less suspicious.

But then I have also not noticed any problems with the decks I have purchased. Maybe the edges could be smoother? But if it is not a stripper deck it is not a problem.
TomasKancyper
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of TomasKancyper
Well the main pros of the bikes is that you can get them almost anywhere, they are really cheap, everyone knows them and the quality is very good. Anyway, I prefer using the madison rounders, which are extremely good quality cards.
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
Phoenix decks are very high quality. Bikes are mass manufactured and if you mix decks from Bikes you can sometimes tell that a card was not from the original deck due to the way the edges were cut in the manufacturing process.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Card Quality (Bikes) (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL