The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Slim line close up case (Doug Malloy´s) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
483 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Does anybody have one of these? If so, what do you think of it?

Håkan
Smile
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1121 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I ordered one a while back. It's well made and Doug shipped it out right away. Jay Scott Berry uses one to help keep his silks organized. I've seen a few other performers use them as well. There isn't a whole lot of room inside, but it's a professional looking case that serves a good purpose. It's also very reasonably priced. I think that you'll be happy with anything you order from Malloy.
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
483 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Thank you, MJ. Another question: Im lousy at converting inches and other american measurements into centimetres... So, is the case deep enough to hold my cups for cups and balls?

Håkan
Smile
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Hakan:

Try these:

http://www.admiralmetals.com/metric_conv.htm

http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/conversions.html

The case (which is apparently no longer available, unless a shop has one), is 2.5 inches deep or 6.35 centimeters, not deep enough for cups.

Steve H Smile Smile
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1121 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Hawkan,

If you're referring to the slim line case that I purchased from Doug Malloy, then NO, it's not even close to being big enough to hold a set of cups. It is VERY thin. You'd be ok carrying thumb tips, silks, some coins, etc. You could carry the balls for a cups routine, as well as the wand (if it's a two-piece screw together wand that are becoming very popular). No cups.

For cups I use a doctor's bag. They can conveniently carry your cups, balls, final loads, and wand. Professional looking. Cheers!
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
483 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
MJ and Steve, thank you for your information.

Håkan

Smile
Keith Yeung
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Keith Yeung
I just ordered mine, heres the size constraints, there are two slots for a pack of cards. You can fit about two packs on top of each other for a total of 4 packs. The rest of the slots are quite small. I would say you can fit really small props like an okito box / thumb tip but almost anything else is out of the question. I had to take out two sections to fit my sponge bunnies in!

For your close up mat theres about 3/4 inch of space on the top part of the case (however nothing is provided to keep this there)

Hope this helps,
Keith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Slim line close up case (Doug Malloy´s) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL