The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » St. Patrick's Day Parade (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Congratulations to those parade organizers who didn't let the LGBT community bully their way into allowing the proliferation of their agenda into a parade. The LGBT community applied pressure to a few beer makers to attempt to flex their muscles and get their way, but it flopped. I hope the parade organizers hold their ground in the coming years, the beer companies will start to sell their beers again and the LGBT community will move on to another target.

http://news.yahoo.com/st-patricks-day-di......043.html
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
This thread is going to end well.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yep- back to the homophobic rants.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2014, lunatik wrote:
Congratulations to those parade organizers who didn't let the LGBT community bully their way into allowing the proliferation of their agenda into a parade. The LGBT community applied pressure to a few beer makers to attempt to flex their muscles and get their way, but it flopped. I hope the parade organizers hold their ground in the coming years, the beer companies will start to sell their beers again and the LGBT community will move on to another target.

http://news.yahoo.com/st-patricks-day-di......043.html

"Wacko", the organizer (*) of the Boston parade, is already 83 years old. Once he's gone, I bet within a year the LGBT community will be allowed to proudly and openly march in Boston's parade. And probably most of Boston will celebrate along with them.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/col......gets_the

(*) Technically he may be the former organizer, but from what I've read he still seems to be the one calling the shots.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/loc......ade_deal
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Yep- back to the homophobic rants.

Homophobic?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
While I'm sure that Guinness is really suffering in their beer sales on St. Patrick's Da..... phjpkpojfpjhahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA!!! Sorry, couldn't keep a straight face.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2014, lunatik wrote:

You're right. I'm certainly glad the LGBT crowd wasn't allowed to proliferate their "agenda" and destroy the solemn and dignified nature of a St. Patrick's Day Parade.

Everyone knows the parades are "gay" enough without their un-wanted input Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Our St. Patrick's Day parade had a guy from the steelworker's union sitting on a truck spitting chew into a can and a local strip club
with a pole dancer swinging from a pole in the back of a pickup. Sure was fun taking my kids down for a taste of that classy
heterosexual agenda Smile

Not even kidding:
~Will Rogers
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Do you think the strip club spent a lot of time deciding how to decorate the car?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2014, critter wrote:
Our St. Patrick's Day parade had a guy from the steelworker's union sitting on a truck spitting chew into a can and a local strip club
with a pole dancer swinging from a pole in the back of a pickup. Sure was fun taking my kids down for a taste of that classy
heterosexual agenda Smile

Not even kidding:

What makes you think they were straight?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Lobo,

I know it's terribly unPC to generalise about people based on their sexuality, but do you really think a gay person could have decorated that car?
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Looks like stonewall inn and guinness getting a good publicity, media got good few clicks and so on........

The only duffers are the ones who get duped into these "news articles" everytime rather than thing that really effect in their daily lives.

"Diversion" is the name of the game in media industry today.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Mehtas-

Are you saying, therefore, that this type of discrimination should go unreported?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2014, Destiny wrote:
Lobo,

I know it's terribly unPC to generalise about people based on their sexuality, but do you really think a gay person could have decorated that car?

LOL!!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Lobo,

Well, come on though, a stripper who doesn't at least go both ways?

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
They have to be straight or my joke doesn't work. It's called comedic license. Dang!

And it's the Vu, biggest club in town and supported by a nationwide chain. They even have a gift shop. So why they can't find something interesting to tape to that rig is beyond me. I did wonder if that was the part where we were supposed to give the candy back though.
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Lobo,

Did they have the show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" in your neck of the woods?

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
We had a great St. Patrick's Day party at gay bar as it happens.
Though I did lose a few quid to two old lesbian pool hustlers.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
It isn't bullying. It is how discrimination has been fought in this country since the days of the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Annetta Bryant learned the hard way what it is like to discriminate against a group of people who have money, power, and the ability to organize.

Discrimination will always cost money. It just depends on how much you want to lose in order to continue to discriminate against gays. Next year even more sponsors will drop out and eventually the St Paddy's day parade organizers will have to allow some banners or not have a parade.

In this country, or any capitalistic society, that is change people's minds; you do it in the pocketbook. And I say good for them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » St. Patrick's Day Parade (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL