The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Depository » » Old vs New Aladdin 1001 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

frostisfalln
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of frostisfalln
Recently I bought a brick of Aladdin 1001s and was extremely disappointed. They are the smooth finish and they clump straight out of the box. Worst deck of cards I have ever handled. I know that these cards are meant to be awesome but I didn't realise they were printed with such poor quality. Is it possible I have picked up a fake brick or is it just a deck after the USPCC factory moved?

Any feedback would be great and if anyone could point me in the direction of Aladdins that handle as they are meant to that would also be appreciated.
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
I've only ever had one deck of Aladdin's with the smooth finish and it handles fine once your used to the thicker card stock and slippy finish however this is an original Ohio made deck from 2006

On the cards you have do they have the new Erlanger factory address out of interest ? In terms of the cards clumping together it may be due to temperature variances and age. I remember opening a deck of red Wynn's recently printed in 2007 and they handled terribly straight from the box but a few faros later and working them in they are fine now

If you can't get used to the smooth finish Aladdin's you can still get the air cushion finish which I love and faro like a dream as they are a thinner snappier card stock
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Depository » » Old vs New Aladdin 1001 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL