The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A compendium of photos from era of the War Between the States (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Just click on the first picture and click on the lower right arrow to smoothly go through.

These are 288 great pictures taken over 150 years ago! If you click on a specific picture it will show up enlarged. After you are finished viewing it, click on the x in the lower right hand corner and you will be returned to the balance of pictures. If you just click on the picture you will be returned to the web site and have to start over.

Glass
Plate Photos From Civil War.
These pictures are very profound. It
is fortunate that these photos have survived.
Popular during the war, they lost their appeal afterwards and so many were sold for the glass. Many used in green houses. Over the years the sun caused the images to disappear.
These are pretty amazing considering they were taken over 150
years ago:

A compendium of photos from era of the War Between
the States.

CLICK
BELOW:

http://www.mikelynaugh.com/VirtualCivilW......dex.html
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Fascinating stuff, Ralph. Thanks for posting.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Fascinating but also very sad. I mean, I find it hard to think what a Civil War is like.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thanks, really interesting. It made me realize that I didn't know what the status of slavery was in Washington DC in the 1860s.

Spoiler:

It was abolished in 1862 in DC, nine months before the Emancipation Proclamation, but after, of course, the Civil War had begun. Before then, it was a hub for the slave trade.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
150 years ago, Americans killed other Americans on battlefields, because....
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2014, stoneunhinged wrote:
150 years ago, Americans killed other Americans on battlefields, because....

The North's expansionist agression.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A compendium of photos from era of the War Between the States (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL