The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Distractions by Luke Jermay (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
leolaurindo
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of leolaurindo
Hello,

The description of "The Dirty Secret Club" says the performer gets five assistants on stage and a sixth to work as a "judge".
But you really need those five? The method permits less or more participants?

Thank you.
Athos
View Profile
Elite user
NADO - Mind reader
481 Posts

Profile of Athos
You can use as many participant as you like, all though more than two is preferred.
NADO
«How much of a gift it would be to really know what someone is thinking of?»
- Steeve Blanchet, news anchor, TVA
«Here is someone that truly uses his powers for good.»
- David Meclomesnil, weekend radio.
Doc_Z
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, NY
229 Posts

Profile of Doc_Z
"Five audience members are chosen at random. They are invited to write their most closely guarded embarrassing secret on a card. The cards are collected by a sixth audience member who places them into an envelope and acts as custodian while the show continues. Eventually the performer invites the spectator to retrieve one of the cards and silently read the contents. After correctly stating the spectator's PIN number and internet password, the performer correctly divines the emabarrassing secret and invites the audience to work out whose it is by checking who is blushing."

This is a pretty full encapsulation of everything I think is wrong with modern mentalism.
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
579 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2014, Doc_Z wrote:
"Five audience members are chosen at random. They are invited to write their most closely guarded embarrassing secret on a card. The cards are collected by a sixth audience member who places them into an envelope and acts as custodian while the show continues. Eventually the performer invites the spectator to retrieve one of the cards and silently read the contents. After correctly stating the spectator's PIN number and internet password, the performer correctly divines the emabarrassing secret and invites the audience to work out whose it is by checking who is blushing."

This is a pretty full encapsulation of everything I think is wrong with modern mentalism.

Yeah Doc, pretty much agree with you there brother.
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
I do sometimes wonder if anyone in the Internet world has ever read or studied anything.
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2014, Doc_Z wrote:

Yeah Doc, pretty much agree with you there brother.
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
I do sometimes wonder if anyone in the Internet world has ever read or studied anything.
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
You guys are joking about the internet password, PIN, and humiliation reveals right?

Your almost better off pantsing them. Just sayin!
Doc_Z
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, NY
229 Posts

Profile of Doc_Z
No joke, that quoted text is in the ad copy, apparently.
AllenChilver
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of AllenChilver
"that quoted text is in the ad copy"

If it's in the ad copy then someone owes me a fee. Smile

Having bought the product, I wrote the text in response to another poster who asked for a description of the routines. The words are mine. I'm fairly new here and so I tried to stick to the facts and avoid personal comment. I believe the descriptions are accurate though.
Doc_Z
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, NY
229 Posts

Profile of Doc_Z
My mistake!
Danatmosci
View Profile
New user
Ogden, UT
18 Posts

Profile of Danatmosci
I just purchased it, I'm looking forward to feeling them out. I've never done anything with mentalism, mostly just closeup, does anyone have any good suggestions for some beginner mentalism tricks, or know where I can learn the basics?
Matt Chalk
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
166 Posts

Profile of Matt Chalk
If you are new to mentalism I recommend you get Cassidys "39 Steps" its a fantastic resource for a beginner mentalist
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2014, Danatmosci wrote:
I just purchased it, I'm looking forward to feeling them out. I've never done anything with mentalism, mostly just closeup, does anyone have any good suggestions for some beginner mentalism tricks, or know where I can learn the basics?

Look for Artful Mentalism Vol 2 by Bob Cassidy, if you are interested in mentalism.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
My 39 Steps is FREE and you can read it at the link in my signature below.

It is a list and discussion of what I believe to be thirty-nine essential books in a mentalist's library.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Danatmosci
View Profile
New user
Ogden, UT
18 Posts

Profile of Danatmosci
Thank you Matt Chalk, psychomind, and Mr. Cassidy. You've given me a lot of great stuff to work with. I look forward to exploring the art of mentalism.

Daniel
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18693 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
My 39 Steps is FREE and you can read it at the link in my signature below.

It is a list and discussion of what I believe to be thirty-nine essential books in a mentalist's library.

Good thoughts,

Bob

i've just had a count up, I've managed to read 31 of the 39...
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of sjrw
IAIN - Will you be seeking out the remaining 8 books?
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I just re-read the living and dead test from this book. I REALLY like it and can see it playing VERY strongly. I like the birthday presentation personally.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Distractions by Luke Jermay (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL