The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » Marty Hahne - Winner by a Hare (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
993 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Children's magician (and dealer), Marty Hahne, leaped into the global spotlight in July 2013 shortly after he received a letter from the U.S.D.A. to complete and submit a lengthy governmental form detailing a "disaster plan" for his...rabbit.

Yes, his rabbit.

Marty regularly uses his rabbit in his children's shows and has a license for it, too. To get the license (at $40 per year), Marty has his rabbit inspected by a vet, have its shots up to date, and submit to "surprise" inspections from the U.S.D.A. One would almost think that it is more red tape than having a foster child.

But the Disaster Plan had to provide details on what would happen and how Marty will care for his rabbit in the event of a tornado, flood, fire or other act of God plus what will happen to the rabbit in the event of Marty's untimely death. Ultimately, after the story of the "Government vs the Little Guy" was spread around the world on television, radio and the social media, the government enacted a "stay" of the act pending further review.

Our discusson on The Magic Word this week is a very interesting perspective on what happened, how he reacted, and how much his business changed following this "exposure". Also attached to the end of this week's podcast is an excerpt of my discussion with Dr. Nicholas Saint-Erne (a veterinarian) who talked with me at last year's I.B.M. convention in Phoenix, AZ. I included a cogent part of our chat where he talked about some of the diseases carried by "magic" pets, plus the care, feeding and handling of them, too.

On this week's blog at The Magic Word, you can see one of the multitude of videos available online from a newscast, follow links to additional news stories about this incident, plus see his 32 page Disaster Plan that was filed with the U.S.D.A. And of course, you can listen to our chat all at: http://scott-wells-kdb1.squarespace.com/......ty-hahne You can listen online, download the MP3 and listen later, or get it from iTunes.

And if you are in a position to do so, then you can hit the "Donate" button at the top of the blog to help support my efforts. If you cannot provide any financial support at this time, then you can always give me a five star rating and leave a positive comment in the iTunes store!

Thanks again and thanks for listening!
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » Marty Hahne - Winner by a Hare (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.42 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL