The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Envelope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

erikdobell
View Profile
Regular user
Gatlinburg Tennessee
133 Posts

Profile of erikdobell
Greetings,

I do apologize if this is the wrong forum. I want to print on minila envelopes and I'm having difficulty finding a place that does that. I'm being told it's a tricky process because of how envelopes are shaped, you can't just toss them in a printer.

So my question is, does anyone here use envelopes like this and where do you get them? It's. Nothing fancy printed in them, just a question mark or the word prediction.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1576 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I've printed on envelopes often on my inkjet printer but I've never tried a Manila envelope.
I don't know what you mean by the shape of the envelope.
I'm assuming you were talking about the dimensions. The size can be customized in Word.
Here's a link to instructions.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?......1AABQOZ2
Smile
Ihor
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
What size are your envelopes?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
One alternative would be to print on clear labels. They make any size you need. Even 8 1/2 x 11. Check this out. http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Full-Sheet-P......02NEGTBU
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22593 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Not enough information. If you have an ink jet printer that passes objects straight through without curling them around, then you should not have any problem printing on your printer. Of course you printer has to be able to the envelope size you are looking to use. Most printers will take up to A4, which is about 9"x12".

Get out your printer manual or go to your printer website and download the manual, it will tell you what your printer is built to print.
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
I think he's talking about the clasps and hole reinforcement being a problems with the printer mechanism. Your alternatives are labels or going to a job printer.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1576 Posts

Profile of Ihop
My HP inkjet printer curls the paper & envelopes and believe me there has never been a problem. And I print many different sizes of envelopes.
MRSharpe is correct. I f you have clasps or string then try one of the other options he mentioned.
Just to clarify my previous post.
The MS Word envelope option has many envelope "size" choices. If the size that you need is not on the list, you can customize it.
then
Ihor
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
You could always have a rubber stamp made. Ink jet printing on 3D objects is possible and common. Finding a place to do it shouldn't be too difficult.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
wandmgc8
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
140 Posts

Profile of wandmgc8
You might consider getting a small silk-screen printing kit from an art supply outlet. Once the screen is made, it may be used again and again with cleaning between uses. Small kits are not too expensive, are fun to do, and, result in a quality job. May be a bit more than you were intending to get in to, but, a possible solution.

Michael
erikdobell
View Profile
Regular user
Gatlinburg Tennessee
133 Posts

Profile of erikdobell
Sorry I didn't give enough detail. I don't own a printer so I've been trying to find a printer to do it and yes, it's the clasp on the fold in the envelopes that's the problem.

Eldon, clear labels are a fantastic idea! Shame on me for not thinking about that.

Thanks for all the help,
Erik
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Thanks Erik, I've used them on a lot of projects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Envelope (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL