The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Pict-ionage by Stephen Young (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2382 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Steve has sent me a copy of the instructions for Pict-ionage. I have not yet seen the physical cards he supplies but, knowing the quality of his other products (including the exceptional Photo Psyche) I know these will be excellent.

The set contains 40 cards, each showing a picture of a wallet and various items in or around it.

With the images shown, the spectator has a wide range of items and orientations to choose from and, given the variety, could even be akin to a mini book test with you narrowing down and revealing the information. But these cards also open up a great range of possibilities – even scope for giving a short reading based on what the spectator decides to focus on or sketching (or recreating) the details of what the spectator is thinking.

From what is explained in the instructions, the cards are ingeniously m***** and with several ways of ascertaining the spectator’s card and information on it. Otherwise you could easily f****.

In addition to the comprehensive and detailed instructions (and a huge amount of effort has gone into the working of the system), routines and further ideas are given. As I read, more ideas occurred and this is the beauty of Pict-ionage, it is a tool and can be used in many different ways.

Having seen the instructions, I’ll definitely be getting a set and using them. They are visual, offer scope and are nicely different from the norm. They are ESP cards on steroids!

This is an exciting release and development.

Well done Steve!
Garbo
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Garbo
Sounds like a real worker! Smile
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Thanks Neil

The "cards" that Neil mentioned are actually photographs.
Real photographs, on real photo paper.
They are 15cm x 10cm

Each photograph shows exactly the same scene.
A desk with items arranged on it.
There are 10 elements in each photograph
But each image is different. The colours of some things change, the placement of other things change. items are replaced by something else etc.

The performer is able to reveal all ten elements within each photograph.
The method used is something I call the Relativity System

I explained the system to a friend via FaceBook messages.
Within 20 minutes he was able to reveal data on a photograph that he had never even seen.

Here's the link:
http://www.thoughtillusions.com/pict-ionage.html

I'll be happy to answer ALMOST Smile any questions

Steve
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I have sent a few of these out now so hopefully some reactions will be coming in soon.

steve
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
461 Posts

Profile of westo
Hi Steve, I see your doing a 'telefoto' version, that's great. Please try to do the smaller 'physical' version. I will buy both.....honest.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek' and 'The Westo Dump'
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I am working on a smaller version.

Strange as these things so often are, the smaller version may be more work than the normal version.
However I hope to have a smaller version in a week or two.

I don't think I can get it to poker size though.
It looks like the size will be 10cm x 7cm

steve
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Steve sent me the instructional PDF file of PICT-ionage yesterday
and now I'm waiting for the respective photos to arrive by airmail.

I hope that the photos will as usual arrive within 7 to 10 calendar days,
as all of my past orders from Steve have arrived within the aforementioned
time frame.

And I'm referring to the delivery time from Netherlands to Greece.

Kudos once more to Steve for the fast shipping and the excellent customer service.

I'll be back with my thoughts about PICT-ionage as soon as the physical
photos arrive.

Of course right after that, I will have to give myself some time to study thoroughly the whole
procedure of the effect and maybe to take the photos for a test road in the real world as well.

Until then,

All the best,
Andrew
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1789 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I received my PDF yesterday (thanks for the super fast response Steve!) and am eagerly waiting for the cards to arrive.

I'm not going to lie, when I first started reading through the manual, I was beginning to feel overwhelmed by memorizing all the aspects of the "system", but its so clever and extremely well thought out, that I was up for the challenge. I figured I'll sleep on it and read through it again on the train to work. To my surprise, on the 2nd read through, it immediately started to "click" and resonate with me and wasn't nearly as daunting as I first thought. Overall, I don't think this will be difficult to perform, and while there is some memory required to learn the system, its nothing too advanced and its very logical. Steve's instructions are phenomal as they are very clear to understand. He provides great examples to test you along the way and I like the overall layout of providing the presentation at the end.

I cant wait to start performing this, there are many ideas swirling around about how best to present this, so I'm excited to begin testing it out.

Another brilliant release, Steve!
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
461 Posts

Profile of westo
Thanks Again Steve, Let me know when I can pay. Lookin forward to the pdf.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Thanks for the comments guys.

For most people a second read through a day after the first reading is enough to get the hang of the system.
I have had people pick it up in as little as 20 minutes.

I advise people not to force it.
Read it, then leave it alone. Don't think about it at all. Then come back to it. You'll be amazed how much has sunk in without you even trying.

The small version is now in production and will probably be ready just as I leave to go to England to lecture next week.
I'll announce as soon as it's ready for shipping.

steve
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Relick666
I haven't got any time to read this... yet. Smile

I will try to comment by tomorrow my honest opinion about it, it looks and sounds awesome.

Best regards,

Andreu.
mimo67
View Profile
Elite user
France
419 Posts

Profile of mimo67
Got it and read the first part... and I love it ! It's simple once you have understood the workings, the m******s are just genious, there's really a possibility to present an amazing mentalism routine here !

I also ordered the numerical images (for Telefoto use)...

So : easy (after the initial work to familiarise yourself with the methods), baffling, a lot of presentation methods can be applied, 'organic', and can be added to other routines and props to make a whole mentalism act out of it !

Great job !!!! 9/10 for me...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I just received the pdf from Steve and my thoughts were similar to TuneHV who posted above. I have to say that Steve is fast becoming recognised as a clever and creative thinker. As I read the chapters explaining the mechanics of the effect I was blown away and excited. At the first read through I did feel a bit overwhelmed but by the time I started reading the presentation ideas the concept just kinda 'clicked' and suddenly I felt much more at ease with the workings. Steve has taken the basic concept and worked with it to create a system that is invisible within the pictures but yet incredibly intuitive to process. I am genuinely in awe of the way that what first appeared very complicated is in fact incredibly simple. There are many good presentation ideas, tips and original thoughts contained at the end to encourage your own creative juices to flow.

This is a well thought through effect from a very talanted and creative mind. Congratulations Steve.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12058 Posts

Profile of John C
Congratulations Steve!!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
524 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Sounds very cool!
Cal Tong
Past President
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
461 Posts

Profile of westo
Received the pdf yesterday. Read through a couple of times. Spent an hour in bed last night going through it in my mind. Sorted. What a great tool this is. Well done Steve! Smile Smile
Garbo
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Garbo
Received 27th March am
Read 27th March pm
Performed with "ease" 27th March pm

It really is that quick to learn! I didn't use it quite how it was intended as I "performed" it for my wife.
She knows all too well I can't read her mind!!! (which I'm not sure is a good thing or not!) and so I used it under the premise of a new memory technique. She knew I had only had the photos in my possession for about 30 minutes and so knew I couldn't possibly have learn all the different connotations of the items on the photos.
She picked a photo, she showed me it for 1 second - then I "recalled" all the information on there. She was blown away and wants to learn how it is done! haha!

Cheers Stephen!!

All the best,

Dave.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
That's a brilliant idea sir.
it got me thinking..
I thought about spreading them randomly over the table in a messy heap.
You look at them for 10 seconds then turn away while one is chosen.
Then use your "memory" to work out which one they took and exactly what was on it.

Steve
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I LOVE That idea Smile
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Credit to Garbo for that one.

steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Pict-ionage by Stephen Young (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL