The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » What is wrong? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
Is there something wrong with the café site? Every time I log on, in the past 3-4 days, it shows that everything on the café is new, and unread to me (red cup). I haven't found anything that shows different. Is there something I can do to correct this? Or is it a problem with the site itself?

Thanks,
David
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
It's a new system, and there are several posts about it in the Tech Help forum. My best advice: Scroll to the bottom of the index page and click the "Mark All Forums as Read" button. That will make all cups white, then whatever turns read has a new post.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, that brings it back the way it used to be, before the improvements. Once clicked to mark all posts a read, the choice disappears. So I guess you cannot go back.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
The button comes back if there are any red cups.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
Is there something wrong with the café site? Every time I log on, in the past 3-4 days, it shows that everything on the café is new, and unread to me (red cup). I haven't found anything that shows different. Is there something I can do to correct this? Or is it a problem with the site itself?

Thanks,
David

Gee David, you must lead a sheltered life LOL. There have been multiple posts and topics in both the manager forum and the tech forum as well as a few blanket PM's sent to all members about the Café upgrade, problems encountered and the resolution including the red cup situation.
Where the magic begins
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2014, Dave Scribner wrote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David

Gee David, you must lead a sheltered life LOL. There have been multiple posts and topics in both the manager forum and the tech forum as well as a few blanket PM's sent to all members about the Café upgrade, problems encountered and the resolution including the red cup situation.

I do lead a sheltered life, and thanks for pointing it out. Seriously, I have not seen any of those posts. there are some places, on the café, that I have never been on. So, unless it was a PM sent directly to me, I missed it. And, sometimes I even miss the direct PMs too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » What is wrong? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL