The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How do you get rid of the local drug dealer on your block? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2014, tommy wrote:
Where does Tommy say "Marijuana is bad"?

Seriously, Tommy?

Your words from a few posts back:

Quote:
The legalisation of this, immoral or evil habit or practice,...

"Immoral or evil." Sure sounds like you don't approve. Do those words mean "good" in your book?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well I might have been taking about alcohol.

:)
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
The inner and outer circles and our apparent ability to control either one with other is the very definition of magic. Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind.

How about using magic to get rid of drug dealer on your block?

If I were a dealer then I would do it if I thought I was under police surveillance. I guess such an illusion can be created in the mind. I like mission impossible.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Tommy-

I asked my friend, Doctor Crow, what the best way was to get rid of a drug dealer. He replied, "Easy, just undercut his prices."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
Lol. It is true. If you can not beat them join them. Even if you get rid of one another will spring up to meet the demand. I moved from the city center, when we had our fist kid, to live out, in on the posh side, with the stockbrokers and all that. You know, thinking, well this is better place to bring up child. Turns out the biggest drug dealers live around here. Obviouly there is a lot money in the game and they come here to buy big houses. It is like going from small time to big time crime I guess. The gang is all here. Such is life. Smile

Cool! Looks like smile is now working again.

Tommy
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yes, I used to know a gentleman with a very posh London address who....

Anyway.

We live on what the local West Indian community call 'the front line'. It used to be much worse, when we moved in. Crack & Smack heads everywhere; there was a pub on the corner that had been completely taken over and they just sold on the street outside it. It was raided a couple of years ago; 40 police officers went in in riot gear. Guns, drugs etc. seized. It is shortly to reopen as a posh wine bar. Our area is really changing, thank goodness. My wife used to feel very nervous, which was horrible. Now they all know us anyway, and say hello to the kids etc. I guess we have just learned to accept it. And when I need a bit of puff... Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
I wonder if the Vatican is a safe block.

Tommy
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
You need to keep an eye on your wallet and children....
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

That's true- my children always were after my wallet.
trampabroad
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of trampabroad
Can I suggest the following? (Borrowed from reddit)

Change the name of your WiFi to something like "FBI Van No. 3." Helps if you've got a friend with a sketchy-looking van he can park down the street too.

Also, woo fifty posts!
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
How do you get rid of the local drug dealer on your block?

*Share a few cocktails with him...of the molotov variety. Smile

*This post was made purely in jest and is not meant to condone or promote violence or illegal activity. I even included the little winky smiley thingy so it would be taken that way. Just wanted to be clear on that, I'd hate to get banned because of a stupid joke.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5018 Posts

Profile of landmark
Mr. Van Van Mojo,

YOU ARE HEREBY ORDERED TO CEASE AND DESIST

Whereas Molotov™ is a proper name, registered with Acme-RoadRunner International, we must demand you cease and desist using the term Molotov Cocktail™ in any way that could be construed as a generic use of the term. Molotov™ is always to be written with a capital M as it is the name of the inventor of the Molotov Cocktail™, but more importantly it is an important trademarked and patented asset of Acme-RoadRunner International. The Molotov Cocktail™ is a superior exploding persuasion technology, not to be confused with far inferior products that can have unfortunate unintended consequences.

Any questions can be forwarded to our lawyers at Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe.

Sincerely,
John Smith
Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
What is "Legalize it?" Oops, I'm slipping into the Jeopardy thread.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
535 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Arthur,
I just read this and it reminded me of the same situation in my mother's apartment complex a few years ago. These guys were selling hard core drugs like crack and the traffic of addicts coming in and out was out of control. At the time I called a narcotics division anonymously and gave them good details like the type of drugs being sold, description of characters selling, time of day/night, etc., etc.. Within days the police made several raids. Unfortunately, the dealers would reopen several days later but I would continue to make the calls.

Eventually, the dealers stopped. I think they got the message that the people living in there were fed up. The process didn't happen overnight but persistence paid off. I'm sure theses narc hotlines still exist but you may have to do the research. I don't think the local police station will do the trick. Good luck but most of all, don't let these dirt bags drive you out of your home, especially if that is not an option for you.

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Roberto,

Glad your persistence paid off. Our situation is still the same, i.e. business is booming and there's a consistent stream of traffic. All the neighbors have been sending daily reports to the SOG (Special Operations Group), which is what passes here for a Narcotics Division. So far no action has been taken, except for their friendly "knock and talk" in February, which only served to warn the creeps that they are being watched.

That said, the drug dealers are getting bolder and more careless! Several times now, we've seen teenage purchasers leaving the premises holding white packets. And just yesterday we saw a youth counting his money before entering the house. Couldn't be more blatant! But according to the detectives handling our case, they've got more dangerous drug houses to deal with. So we'll just have to keep doing what we're doing, and hope that one day our problem will be taken seriously.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5827 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Pics... News... Solution.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2014, Tom Cutts wrote:
Pics... News... Solution.

Unless we can provide absolute proof (i.e. photo evidence of an actual transaction), a news story could result in a lawsuit for slander.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Get as many local and even state agencies involved as possible. Your alderman, police, dept of housing and inspection, parole/probation officers of any known people hanging around the place, states attorney etc. Sometime one agency can take steps that another one can't, won't, or doesn't have time for. Or can act on a basis that others can't. For instance if the police won't stay on top of the problem, housing may be able to take steps such as shutting the house down based on illegal activities or as a public nuisance.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Been there, done that, still doing it ... including chiding the realty agency ... who don't give a hoot.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
If you can't beat them, join them. Become a bigger drug dealer until they go out of business.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How do you get rid of the local drug dealer on your block? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL