The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Public Domain Books on Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

netartifacts
View Profile
New user
Delaware, USA
21 Posts

Profile of netartifacts
Does anyone know if there are any Public Domain Books on Mentalism on the Internet?
"Three may keep a secret if two are dead" Ben Franklin
hjelm
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden, Borlänge
112 Posts

Profile of hjelm
Yes, there are. You can go to the Learned Pig Project http://www.thelearnedpig.com.pa/. Now you can get Practical Mindreading (Atkinson) for no money at all.
hjelm
sweden
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Who are you "netartifacts", and why are you asking?

And to 'hjelm', whom I do know; Hi!
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
What in the wide world is thatweb site all about all about???!!
noncom
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham, UK
125 Posts

Profile of noncom
I joined it about a year ago. You have to pass a very simple membership test to log in. Then, apparently, you have access to all these free books. (BTW, I joined on the assumption that they genuinely do have the permission they claim to publish these books free)

I tried getting the Annemann 200 Methods of Forcing, but it's in a very unfriendly format that means you couldn't just download it to read offline or print neatly.

Then, my login stopped working and the site wouldn't answer my email queries as to why. I still can't get in, and I don't think I'll waste time chasing them.

Briefly, I wouldn't bother if I were you.
It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it - Bananarama.
MindExplosion
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of MindExplosion
The reason your login information stopped working was that the login information changed for everyone. Everyone now uses the same simple username and password. You should have gotten an e-mail at some time telling you about it.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
It sounds incredible that all that information is out in a public domain for free download.
it worries me a bit.
I wonder who stands behind this, and why this web site is established in the first place.
Who would give away valueable material as this for free?
MindExplosion
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of MindExplosion
The man behind it all is named Marco. And as you say, this information *is* public domain. But it isn't free for all to download, as you do have to fill in an application and apply to the site. And the application is not automatically processed, Marko does sit down and review each application himself, which is part of the reason applications take so long to be processed (the other being that he is often traveling and performing).
John LeBlanc
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
524 Posts

Profile of John LeBlanc
Quote:
On 2004-01-08 14:30, Sven wrote:
It sounds incredible that all that information is out in a public domain for free download.
it worries me a bit.
I wonder who stands behind this, and why this web site is established in the first place.
Who would give away valueable material as this for free?

Marco, who runs the site, is a professional performer. He's not only very talented, but he is a very decent fellow.

A few years ago he began collecting and converting into electronic format magic texts that fell out of copyright and called it The Learned Pig Project.

He doesn't charge for access, but does restrict membership for obvious reasons.

He has two compilation CDs available for sale to those who wish to own a copy, but the contents remain free to view online. Aside from his own copyright (which he's allowed for his version of the texts) you are free to read until your eyes bleed.

I know this strikes some people as odd, but there's no catch. I am happy to stand up for Marco and his wonderful site.

John LeBlanc
Houston, TX
Escamoteurettes, my blog.

"One thought fills immensity." -- William Blake
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Pewh...!! Guess I am more relieved now Smile
I almost fell off my chair when I saw this.
Thanks for the information!

Sven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Public Domain Books on Mentalism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL