The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Roni Schachnaey - Mystic Wallet (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I think that I may like Roni's wallet better than the SUC...

Ray
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1326 Posts

Profile of rmendez
The Chimera and Mystic wallets are so nice that I just had to buy another upon receiving them. I do like the size and sleekness of my SUC wallets; however if I'm wearing a shirt with a pocket. In my research, I believe these wallets to be best at what they do and appear precisely like what they are supposed to be no ID windows. I also like the Stealth Assasin but the SUC was implemented on the right side for some reason.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Quote:
On May 27, 2016, rmendez wrote:
That is the thing with wallets for many of us. I own far too many as well. If you don't want to be tempted then don't even look at The Chimera wallet Smile

Can you insert a calling card inside of the notepad case or a small envelope? I would like to remove a page from the notepad and place it on the cover of the closed notepad case. You know, so that the person can write of the paper and hand me back the case (wallet)

Ray
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3270 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Apparently, the creator of the Chimera wallet basically said to Mark Strivings: "FU I can release it without permission and you can't stop me".

Kind of a d move.

But it sucks that if you're looking for a high quality wallet that incorporates the SUC feature, the SUC isn't really it....

I just ordered the Mystic Wallet, looking forward to it.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1326 Posts

Profile of rmendez
With all due respect to Mark Strivings whom I greatly admire and respect, I've read that the Mystic Wallet actually predates the SUC but I do not know that to be a factual statement. I do know; however, that very little, if anything, can be considered a new and original concept in the art of magic worthy of exclusivity or patent as much of it either derives from or has resided in the public domain for ages. With that being said it seems trivial to require approval or permission to implement a similar feature in a completely different style or wallet design but that is only my personal opinion. Let us face the SUC for what it truly is. I have seen the exact same types of disputes over cup designs and dimensions in varying materials and found them to be equally ludicrous. That would be tantamount to an automobile company requiring permission from other manufacturers to implement standard features like doors and wheels. Anyway, I think you will love both the Mystic Wallet and the Chimera. I love the SUC for it's sleakness but if you are looking for business card wallets of substantially greater substance, those two are the only ones I've found to be commercially available.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I've used my original SUC for at least 20 years and it is still in perfect shape, showing little sign of wear. In fact, it is indistinguishable from the brand new ones I obtained earlier this year. To infer that it lacks substance, is simply false. It is a high quality, long lasting, professionally made device. It works far more smoothly and reliably than the "SUC function" that I've seen built into any multi-purpose wallet.

And the SUC is NOT a wallet. It's a simple business card case- something that you can let a participant hold without raising any eyebrows.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3270 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
You're saying that your original SUC is indistinguishable from the new one? Because I've heard exactly the opposite from a number of people...
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
That's EXACTLY what I'm saying.

My original SUC was version one. My new ones are a version one and a version two. Both the old and new ones are black leather.The version ones are identical. I even showed both of them to some attendees at the last MINDVention and no one could tell them apart.

The version two, on the other hand, does look different than version one, because it has two extra pockets inside. But, even if you looked at all three of them, you probably couldn't tell which one was twenty years older than the other two. The new ones are the same top quality as the old.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5703 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I share Bob's opinion. For me, bulk does not equal quality and a zipper does not equal stealth. If anything, a zipper begs to be unzipped if left in some participants' hands.
Ashton
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Ashton
Like anything else, it comes down to intended use and personal preference. Personally, I agree with those who have shared their opinion the Mystic Wallet is well made of quality leather, and is in fact 'sturdy'. It is. Mystic is a fantastic wallet that does exactly what it says on the tin.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3270 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Got the Mystic wallet. It's nice, definitely thicker leather and holds more cards than the SUC. The zipper is fine, seemed a little big in the images but as Mr. Mendez says, it's fine in real life..

The hot pocket is deeper and the wallet is a touch wider on the short end than the SUC, as such there is a bit more cover for loading and stealing billets. The Peek in the SUC is a little better though, with the Mystic you need to push it down into the pocket to get a good portion of the card to show up. It's a minor difference.

I really need to quit walleting... but the Stealth Assassin is on it's way from Alakazam, so... And I just saw a demo of the Telethought 2 and I didn't realize that I want it also...

(I have like new Outlaw Showdown for sale btw, please buy it)
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
285 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
Mention has been made about the 'new' SUC being different from the original many years ago in some way. Absolutely false. The recent rerelease of the SUC is identical to the cases that I had out many years ago, and yes they are indistinguishable from those original cases. Whatever you may have heard to the contrary was either a misunderstanding or just plain false info.
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1326 Posts

Profile of rmendez
With the Mystic wallet I just push the card down until it hits my palm which positions it perfectly. The same with the Chimera. You will like the TeleThought II as well. The handling is different from it's predecessor but is equally if not a bit more deceptive. My SUC wallets, the standard by which all others are measured, are awesome too. It is the only wallet that will comfortably fit in any shirt pocket. For completeness, I just acquired the very rare Vendetta walle from a third party seller which combines features from the SUC and Caper Case. It is rumored that approximately only 50 were made.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3270 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
After seeing the demo for the telethought, I realized that the Pantera filter can also be used to simulate an empty window. Two cards in the outside pocket over the filter.
You certainly have quite the collection going!
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1326 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I take it you don't own one. The TeleThought wallet is a completely different animal that has absolutely nothing in common with any other wallet out there aside from the fact that it is a peek wallet. It is the James Bond of peek wallets where you have to actually see what it does to believe it.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3270 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Yeah, hasn't arrived yet. I have one on the way. Watching the demo, it seems like the filter is used to simulate an empty window (albeit on the inside). I was thinking that the Pantera could be used that way too. Have two cards in the window, take one out and give it to the spec. Of course it goes in the zipper, then remove the other card and get the peek. It looks like the window is just empty after you take out the second card. I actually like that handling a lot better.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1326 Posts

Profile of rmendez
The TeleThought wallet contains a filter unlike any other that is no longer being manufactured by 3M. It allows viewing that is clear as day from the performer's perspective but appears pitch black like an empty ID window from every other perspective. It has absolutely nothing in common with the Pantera and you are in for a real surprise. With regards to mentalism, it is the most amazing technology that I have ever witnessed.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Mr laugh, you need to get the espionage unless you already have it.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3270 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Pretty happy with the Cassidy, but at the current rate, I'll probably end up with one. My SAW showed up today....
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

(Stand up and clear throat) My name is Ray Noble and I am a recovering wallet junky...... (Wipe tear from eye and sit)

You guys have a wallet addiction and that is one monster to break....... Smile

Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Roni Schachnaey - Mystic Wallet (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL