The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Trying to figure out the best design (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HighClass
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of HighClass
I am trying to figure out the best design for a sword box and or basket to have woven... I would like to know what your favorite design is and why. If you can please post a picture/link of the basket or box so I can get a really clear idea of what it looks like and please state if you like swords spears ect. Also describe what material you would prefer it be made of, wicker, fiberglass, wood , fabric, etc.

Many thanks
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
It's important to make a choice before. A sword box needs a different performance then a sword basket.
What kind of show do you have and what's the overall design design of the show.
HighClass
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of HighClass
I was thinking more along the lines of a sword basket, so I was mainly interested in finding a shape that looked nice with suitable dimensions....a box could work but lets to with the basket design...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I should look something like this.

http://www.owenmagic.com/Illusions/Illus......s_2.html
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
What is up with the links? Same thing happened to me on another thread. Tried to copy/paste a link and it only partially shows up with ....... in the middle, replacing what should be there.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Please make it yourself and us easy.
Google: sword basket illusion
Click in the top line on pictures and
make your choice.
But I stay with my statement: you need to have an overall design of your show.
You cannot use an industrial design in an oriental setting. Period.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2014, Michael Baker wrote:
What is up with the links? Same thing happened to me on another thread. Tried to copy/paste a link and it only partially shows up with ....... in the middle, replacing what should be there.

Yeah. BIG problem! Gene's working on it! Smile

Doug
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2014, Dougini wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2014, Michael Baker wrote:

Yeah. BIG problem! Gene's working on it! Smile

Doug

OK, thanks!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Fixed! Smile
HighClass
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of HighClass
Thanks bill... Is there a reason you prefer the Owen style that has a bigger bottom and a smaller opening? I go back and forth on weather or not it is more deceptive that way, or more like an oval.... What are your thoughts?

And John thanks for the seach advice, I have already done a google search and found many different designs. I just wanted other opinions on why people prefer certain designs.... For example a round basket verses a more square basket.... A wicker basket or a more industrial basket. I am just curious what other magicians think and wanted to brainstorm. I personaly am torn between a basket that is curved like the Owens magic basket in the link above, or a basket that has sharper edges and is more square on the sides like the Andrew maybe version? Does anyone have any thoughts on what would be more deceptive? Also has anyone ever used the Andrew maybe version?
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
HighClass,
Sorry, but a little bi more then a year ago you asked these questions for the first time.
You've got then many profound answers from people in the know.
I don't understand why you're starting now a new topic on this illusion.
The answer on you many questions is simple: the oval shape is the best and a basket is a basket (like Owens), not a piece of cardboard. Period!
HighClass
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of HighClass
Hi John, my question before was more on theroy and presentation, having gotten some wonderful advice about that I was able to develop a great presentation for my act. My question this time was about design and decptiveness. I have been through three different shapes of baskets round, square, and almost triangular, have not been able to settle on one that I like best. The one that I actually think looks most decptive is one made off of the Andrew mayne design that was made out of wood and was painted very deceptive. Sorry if I didn't make that clear at the beginning but that is what I was trying to get at. I would still like to try like to try another design possibly that one to see if I could make my routine a little more convincing. I don't have all the answers, that's why I come here to ask. Thanks for your advice I now understand you like a round basket like the Owens
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Trying to figure out the best design (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL