The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » SHARING BIT * Tossed Out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
SHARING BIT

a) What I like in TOD is that you can shout 2 cards and "1 other card not in the deck" - if they all seat/standup you know they chose the same cards.
If one person is still standing up you go for a direct hit or use the card for another effect later on.

b) Either use cards, images, text or a combination to engage the theme with another effect later on and making the choosing thought procedure forgotten...

c) Imagine a number card, ask person to add 30 and now you have a number to use in the Magic Square... error, error, and in the end all is right and as a kicker turn the page with the numbers and the name of the card is written on. Give as souvenir.

Enjoy the Sun!
Mr_Grue
View Profile
New user
London, UK
74 Posts

Profile of Mr_Grue
Re: a - if you shout 2 cards, and 1 other card not in the deck, don't you run the risk of two, or even three people not sitting down? You could counter that by calling out a further two or three cards, I suppose, but that's quite a softening of the effect.
"Yes, I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve.
But I am the opposite of a stage magician.
He gives you illusion that has the appearance of truth.
I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion."

Tennessee Williams

http://tiny.cc/Grue
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Take risks and enjoy the show... that's how you learn.

Good observation but it depends on what type of TO gimmick you are using so no further cards need to be named.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » SHARING BIT * Tossed Out (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL