The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Which one would you recommend I join (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ihave
View Profile
New user
ocala,fl
74 Posts

Profile of ihave
Which one would you recommend ( group ) for beginners?
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
If you have more than one local ring in your area, I would suggest going to their meetings as a guest.
You can get a feel for their activities, friendliness, but most of all, if you feel comfortable with the members.
Ihor
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
I left and never went back. They were in it for themselves and ran it like a cult.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I suppose it depends on the members. The ring I belong to is very friendly and helpful.
That's why it's important to attend as a guest to get a feel to determine if it's for you or not
Ihor
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
536 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Aren't rings for IBM and assemblies for SAM? If the local groups are pretty much equal, I'd go with SAM because the magazine is better. If membership is not required, go as a guest as long as you can, as was suggested in the above post, to sort of feel things out.
tstrong2
View Profile
New user
Vacaville, California
11 Posts

Profile of tstrong2
I just joined as a paperless global member. I was mostly looking for the general liability insurance, and I am an hour away from two assemblies. I don't have the time or the gas to make it to the meetings. The M-U-M online goes back to 2012. And the videos go all the way back to silent films from the conventions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Which one would you recommend I join (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL