The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Mind Reader Wallet looking for review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Your making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Light leaking:
The little bit of light showing around the edges is a non-factor in deciding if you want to purchase the rip-off. If you have people on your sides when you use the “peek” they would also be in a position to SEE WHAT YOU SEE, daa. Incidentally, your mirror is hardly a good audience, you should get out more.

Plastic versus Leather:
The devices are not ment to look like wallets. They are ment to look like little plastic note pad holders, that is there only purpose in the real world. A magic gimmick is stronger if it looks like a real world item that would be carried in someone’s pocket. It is refered to as a “wallet” in a very generic sense only. You would be hard pressed to stick any mony into a note pad holder.

Bob
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
It is a note pad holder! Can't you see?? Or would you like to challenge me on semantics??
You should get out more often and shop around for wallets with your glasses on! You will then realize the wallets that Magic Makers are using, are similar to the ones being sold in none magic stores! (note pad holders)
By the way, What are you doing with a PLASTIC, TT NOTEPAD HOLDER? I prefer using a LEATHER one! LOL
It seems to me your audience is to polite and embarrassed to inform you of the FLASHING LIGHT, when you perform in FRONT OF THEM!

It would be nice if you could learn the respect and manners that their showing!

CHAO!... I'm too busy doing a thesis on mankind!
Gerard
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
I'll chkme in as I have recently purchased the Mind reader wallet. In my opinion there are positives and negatives. I believe the leather adds a sense of class. All my other "wallets" are leather so it stands to reason I should have a leather note holder. The light leakage IS a factor. I have used the thought transmitter many years and the light detected (verbalized) by a spectator once about two years ago. That was when it went onto my shelf and I tried concealing the edges to no avail. If it is spotted once I wonder as was mentioned in a previous post, how many others have been too polite. The leather affords the coverage and concealment I require so I give it marks there.
A big neagative is the actual battery. Now this is going to seem odd because I just extolled the graces of the light leakage being taken care of. The light isn't as strong and sometimes it is difficult to see the writing. I fixed this with using the Thought transmitters screen inside my Mind reader wallet. It now works like a charm.

I think it is ok to bring out something similiar as long as there are obvious benefits from doing so for the consumer. People have been reworking Triumph from the beginning and no one said hey you shouldn't do that (well maybe they did). It isn't going to stop we as a community want to expand and improve our techniques and methoids (this includes props). I would give the Mind reader a satisfactory grade based on my use and what I need.
Jason
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hmmm! Jason I suggest you market another version then. Brighter light and leather finish. Smile

I am glad you liked it.
Yours,

Ivan
Dan White
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dan White
Gerard!

wellington is absolutely correct- who carries money and credit cards in CHEAP looking two fold leather things. They aren't wallets.

There is no improvement-it is a copy just like a fake rolex you buy from a shady guy on the corner who likes to make money off of someone elses hard work.

And giochi is right in two ways -the light does shine out the sides in the Magic Makers ripoff and you mispelled ciao-or maybe that's an "improvement" to the Italian language.

good luck on your thesis-maybe you can include some research in there about why people steal.
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
ASO DESKA! Dome Arigato GOZAYAMASS!! Thank you velly much. I no see light! Tank sheen pull isumnika??
Merci beaucoup, for no help! LOL
Do you need some more BAIT??
AUREVOIRE!
Gerard
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Very interesting, Jason. So now, if TT owners really want a leather look, all they really need is to seek out and find a leather wallet to their liking, and transplant the gaff as you did.

It would be a waste to have to also purchase the inferior gimmick that comes with the MRW. I like it, John Cornelius gets his money, and the customer ultimately gets the wallet he wants.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Quote:
On 2004-02-16 12:30, Jason Wethington wrote:
I'll chkme in as I have recently purchased the Mind reader wallet. In my opinion there are positives and negatives. I believe the leather adds a sense of class. All my other "wallets" are leather so it stands to reason I should have a leather note holder. The light leakage IS a factor. I have used the thought transmitter many years and the light detected (verbalized) by a spectator once about two years ago. That was when it went onto my shelf and I tried concealing the edges to no avail. If it is spotted once I wonder as was mentioned in a previous post, how many others have been too polite. The leather affords the coverage and concealment I require so I give it marks there.
A big neagative is the actual battery. Now this is going to seem odd because I just extolled the graces of the light leakage being taken care of. The light isn't as strong and sometimes it is difficult to see the writing. I fixed this with using the Thought transmitters screen inside my Mind reader wallet. It now works like a charm.

I think it is ok to bring out something similiar as long as there are obvious benefits from doing so for the consumer. People have been reworking Triumph from the beginning and no one said hey you shouldn't do that (well maybe they did). It isn't going to stop we as a community want to expand and improve our techniques and methoids (this includes props). I would give the Mind reader a satisfactory grade based on my use and what I need.
Jason

If you ever decide to go back to the Thought Transmitter, for the stronger light, and are still bothered by the one time you got burned, let me know.

There are two very logical work-abounds that many magicians use because it looks more convincing, even without the side light problem.
Bob
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
Curtis that is exactly what I would suggest to someone.

As for the rest of you guys, I don't know what to tell you. The act of copying has been going on in every industry since the beginning. Do you think it is a coincidence that Ford, Chevy and GM come out with similiar cars every year? Copying is part of life in business. Companies follow trends. Why should the growing industry of magic be any different? People want and deserve a variety of products to choose from. The open maretplace is one of the great things about our society. If anyone wants to have an intelligent discussion on this I'll be waiting.
Jason
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
BOB, I appreciate your kindness SINCERELY. I was lucky!...I
performed in front of my wife and she burned me! Then I tested it out in front of a mirror! The mirror burned
me!...Oh! oh! just gave my identity away!
Just being humorous!

A comment was made earlier. Here is my answer: It's not in pigeon english!
"I agree totally...the TT is useless unless you adopt
Magic Makers Improvements!...by using a leather wallet
that prevents the light from shinning around the edges!"
Just remember to cut a window out so that you can SEE well with your COPY of the MRW!
Gerard

For the record! In another thread, a while back....I
mentioned that I own and use several of JC's products.
My favorite: "Instant Pro".

We all know...that some manufactured products are winners and some are not.
We also have different opinions.
Gerard
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
If performed properly you will never get burned with the TT. The mindreader wallet is not as reliable. I have both and will stay with the TT. If used properly all it takes is a little misdirection like most magic anyway. To each his own.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
You do have to look at the TT to get the info!...then all eyes will be on the TT while the edges are shinning! I personally don't want to risk getting burned!

I have no problems with the MRW! You do not press and hold for a few seconds! All it takes is one quick press and your done!
Gerard
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Gerard,

Jason is not suggesting that we COPY the MRW, it's an "IMPROVEMENT".
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Curtis, I agree with you 100%.
We all prefer anything that's improved!
I love the improvement that Magic Makers came up with, by manufacturing the "Mindreader Wallet"

I also love the improvement of the Gillette "Mach 3"
razor! My wife told me, that it's also mentioned in all womens magazines, "that women should switch to the Mach 3 razer!"
Gerard
T
View Profile
New user
philly
8 Posts

Profile of T
Plain and simple the Mindreader wallet is inferior in its look and reliability. Carisio, making something cheaper in no way makes it an "improvement".

Get the original Thought Transmitter by John Cornelius!
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I believe leather is more expensive than plastic!
But of course that's my opinion!
Go in front of a mirror and press the gimmick of your TT..... a friendly advice!
Gerard
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
..and the suggested "Improvement" is not to buy the thing at all.
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
What can I say?....Keep on loving your TT flashing camera!
Some of us will support anything that's produced by someone we admire!
Gerard
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Look in the mirror Gerry- your ripoff shines through the sides too
thoughts have wings
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Your eyes, giochi! must still be blinded by your TT camera!
I personally do not want to take a picture of my audience!...It should be the other way around? No?

I see you love to use my signature! Thank you! It's a compliment.
Gerard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Mind Reader Wallet looking for review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL