The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Mind Reader Wallet looking for review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I try to go with the original, but I prefer the best for my money. And I am sure many do. Enough said!
Yours,

Ivan
JoJo41
View Profile
New user
Honolulu, HI
46 Posts

Profile of JoJo41
Gerard-

I have just looked over this thread again and the essence of your, well, lament, appears to be, as I understand it, that you have dealt with MAGIC MAKERS, and that you even had a problem with an item and that MAGIC MAKERS personally serviced you in the resolution to that problem.
The question "Are you a dealer" logically follows and didn't appear to be out of line. It wasn't an unreasonable inquiry at all. If MAGIC MAKERS is wholesale only and only deals with dealers, either they bent the rules just for you or you are a dealer.
Those things equal to the same things are equal to each other.
There appears to be at least, shall we say, an inconsistency in your account of what happened. And it is not exactly a secret that certain dealers do use "moles" to talk up their products.
I think it was a fair question right across the board, and I'm happy to ask it again: ARE you a dealer? If not, how were you able to deal directly with a firm that only services wholesale customers?
Is there a magician's PRICE CLUB out there I haven't heard about? I wouldn't mind paying wholesale for my magic!
And I must commend Wellington for saying more in a few words than I could ever say here with line after line: TOWER RECORDS and many other music outlets are goiing under because, again, intellectual theft is not viewed as actual THEFT by an entire generation nowadays: Why BUY your music when you can just steal it off the internet? (Oh, excuse me. They're not really STEALING it; they're BURNING it. Sure.)
Sooner or later, it's all going to come back around and bite us you-know-where.
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
JoJo41,
I'm one of the few customers that had slight problem with a certain item and "Magic Makers" took care of the problem! Just like a few others! They also have commented on their fantastic back-up policy! They are wholesalers that back-up their products!
No, I,m not a dealer! Just a buyer that's very happy with their products! Your avoiding the accusation though, that their ripping off "Viking" with their brass "Nest of Boxes".... I WONDER WHY???
Gerard
Chris Gold
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Chris Gold
Gerard,

Let me enlighten you on a few Magic Makers items.

Candy Vanishing Trick -- Complete and total rip-off of Viking Life Savers Tube. Ask Gerorge, he bought and paid for the rights.

Golden Key -- Rip-off of Vikings Kinet-Key. Once again, ask George, he bought and paid for the rights.

Wandering Lipstick Tubes -- Rip-off of Vikings Tel-a-Tubes. Once again, ask George, he bought and paid for the rights.

Collectors Money Maker -- Rip-off of Delbins Money Blotter. However, I am sure that Magic Makers contacted Ben Stone's Widow to purchase the rights... yeah right!

There are many other products as well that could have been mentioned. By the way Gerard, please put you glasses on and re-read my posts. I never mentioned anything about the Nesting Brass Boxes.

I think the point has been made here with no factual rebutal or input by you. Continue as you are supporting these rippers of the industry. Eventually the pendualum will swing the other way.
Chris Gold
TS Entertainment INC
Hollywood, CA
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Chris,
I would like to enligfhten you! You don't seem to get the point of this discussion! Maybe after your enlightened by the origins of "The Pen Through" and the brass "Nest of Boxes" you might get the point!

Like I said earlier....who knows where, magical effects, really originated from....maybe in China? by an unknown magician? LOL
Gerard
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Oh well I thought this was a free forum where evryone had the right to state his preferences.

And I had to go up to read the title of the thread three times to make sure. As far as I know, this thread is called:

"THE MIND READER WALLET looking for review"

I cannot understand how the topic has changed to TT etc... TDP has clearly stated he did not mind TT's quality and he wished a review of the Mind Reader.

So it isn't only Gerard who prefers the latter. (Oh perhaps they are also dealers.)
Yours,

Ivan
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
I am sitting here with both wallets in my hands, Ive been USING the tt for over 10 months and t is much easier to read than the ripoff that is brand new out of the package. Another problem I have with the ripoff is the strange plastic window that just screams "HEy you can see through me!!".
Wellington hit the naill on the head with the wonderful post about Tower records!
And Gerry, I find it har to believe that you have no connection with magic makers---7777!
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Giochi,
You are continnuing to insult your intelligence by accusing also the COMPANIES that you support, and all the others, without any valid facts!
Let me make it very CLEAR for you!
"Tenyo" came out with a version of "Pen Through Anything", called "Wandering Hole" in the 70's...20 years before "J.C.'s Pen Through Anything"!
"Tenyo" also released a PLASTIC version of the brass "Nest Of Boxes" by Viking....also in the 70's!
I support all magic companies! I also consider "Viking" to be one of the best magic companies! I own many of their effects!
I'm very happy that improved versions of magical effects are being made by magic companies! This helps the magic community with improved quality products!

To conclude! I'm also quite happy to be driving a very improved model T FORD!

From.... one of the unheard of, magicians of China,
Gerard
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Please don't mention music companies and other companies outside the magic realm. I have just finished cleaning my PC from a lot of Spyware that was slowing it down. Do you understand what that means? PRIVACY THEFT. Who's stealing who??

And I cannot understand what Kazaa and Napster have got to do with all this. As far as I know Kazaa and Napster can be downloaded for free and all music etc... downloaded for free through them as well. As far as I know, Magic Makers are selling effects and not giving them for free. So the comparison is stupid really.
Yours,

Ivan
shufflemup
View Profile
New user
John
10 Posts

Profile of shufflemup
I would like to enlighten you! You don't seem to get the point of this discussion! Maybe after your enlightened by the origins of "The Pen Through" and the brass "Nest of Boxes" you might get the point!

I hope this posts right, but here is my reply to someones post:

Just curiosly, why did Tenyo wait 30 years to put out a pen thru anything? The wandering Hole had nothing to do with a pen going thru a bill (This was a rumor started by someone who knocked off the pen through bill trick) I talked to JC and he said his inspiration had Nothing to do with the wandering hole trick.

Best,

John
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I guess Tenyo got the idea from J.C. like J.C. got the idea from Tenyo! and maybe who knows, an unknown magician in China got the idea from.........
Maybe someone will come out with a laser pen through steel! or pen through wallet!... which would be more fitting for this post!
This forum was created for us, to help one another! It's not a nit pickin arena!
See ya,
Gerard
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Niva:
If I understand you correctly, you feel that a review of the rip-off should not include a comparison to the item it is copied from.

The revue should be:
“What a marvelous idea, I wallet that makes predictions. Gee, it even smells like real leather. What an inventive idea, just out of the fertile minds of this imaginative “wholesale” company.” Where do they get there ideas from?”
Now that is a useful revue.
Bob

MagicCarisio:

Your constant reference to “driving an improved version of the Model-T” is intriguing. You use this analogy in defense of one company copying the product of another. Yet the Model-T was a Ford product, and its improved version is also a Ford product. What in the world does Ford’s improving its own product have to do with one company stealing the product of another?

So, your Ford analogy to make your point about Magic Maker could be…I now drive a car called a Junker, put together by a guy down the street. It’s looks like the Ford I used to drive, and it’s a whole lot cheaper.

Bob
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
First of all here in Malta we don not only have Ford cars. We also have Renault, Peugeot, Suzuki, Toyota, Ferrari, Skoda, Wolksvagen, FIAT, anf the list goes on and on and on... That's what Gerard was trying to say.

And Wellington, by this thread we are surely not helping the poster to decide on buying. He already stated he did not like the quality of TT. So we now have to discuss the quality of the Mind Reader as compared to TT rather than who ripped who and what is a rip off of what.

PS: What I meant by a good discussion is this: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......9&32

It's great to have a choice and not get stuck with the same thing when there are may magicians using it. There would be no discussions as to preferences.
Yours,

Ivan
Dan White
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Dan White
I would honor the ford analogy put forth by Gerard if the Mindreader wallet was actually a different concept, an improvement in technology or even a revolutionary new look. However it undisputably is not. What it is is a poorly made ripoff that shows no innovation and like most of magic makers products was made solely to capitalize on the original ideas of other inventors(John Cornelius).
It truly is comparable to a fake pair of Gucci sunglasses that you can buy on the corner. don't buy em !
Gerard and your friend Niva, stop telling people how to state their opinions.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Get the Predator Wallet....I believe it is sooo much better!
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
How about "The Haunted Briefcase"??....Gee.e.e...Wrong post!! Sorry abutt that!
Gerard
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Does it fit in a pocket? Smile

I am a friend to everyone here. And everyone is entitled to his opinion. It seems there are many who are enjoying "the inferior quality of the rip offs" that you mention, as is clear from other threads. Oh, perhaps these are stupid people who don't know what they are saying. I can't speak of TT or the Mind Reader because I have none. But those who have can.

I am out of here.

BTW, what happened to the smileys. Are they ever going to come back.
Yours,

Ivan
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Lost my wings...as some horns were beginning to pop out!....Have to redirect my thoughts, to growing wings again!
Gerard

Looking back on this post...I would like to give a solution about the window being a dead give-away.
I insert my drivers license in the window!
When performing, it's placed on the table with the ID
showing through the window!...I remove my drivers licence or ID and turn my ID over, asking the spec to stare at a picture of an eye, magical symbol..an ank, pentagram, crystal ball, (your choice) that's glued on it.... while their thinking of a name, number... whatever.

The wallet is quite normal looking, as I've seen many, being sold in stores.
Hoping this will help.
Gerard
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
No one would sugjest that Magic Makers is not a good marketer. We even sell it in our shop because it costs the shop less than half of the wholsale cost of the Thought Transmitter. However, all the working magicians working in the shop use (and purchased) the Thought Transmitter.

The fact that many shops sell the rip-off has to do with the price and the extra battery.
Bob
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
An IMPROVEMENT is not a rip-off!
A leather wallet without a light glowing around the edges of a PLASTIC wallet is certainly an IMPROVEMENT in my eyes!
The "Mindreader Wallet" is made of LEATHER
and the light does not show AROUND THE EDGES!
I should know!...perform the TT in front of a MIRROR!
Plus the fact...I would'nt go around with a PLASTIC wallet....Just not my style!
Gerard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Mind Reader Wallet looking for review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL