The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tabula Mentia XV - Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
It was great to be back at Psycrets and what a great meeting it was in Birmingham.

Marc Salem shared lots of material, all nice and practical while simultaneously reminding us our business is about keeping secrets.

Brian Barnes gave a wonderful performance of Al Koran's Blindfold Act. I was chuffed to find even those with poor eyesight can do this one. Very entertaining.

Stephen Young risked the wrath of the tarot army but making a strong case for using photographs instead. Well presented, great lecture.

Then came Ben Cardall giving a lecture on deduction. The demo that followed was undeniably strong. Within a few seconds he divined a star sign, birth date and Pete Turner's pin. This was my favourite lecture in ages and I am convinced this approach is going to be hugely popular amongst mentalists looking for a new edge.

Pete Turner followed with a fast paced and powerful lecture. I was glad to find myself in the middle of it when the inevitable miracle was pulled off.

So he had already done an ACAAN. Now came the test conditions Berglas Effect.

Pete and I sat at the front. He borrowed a guys deck from the audience who made clear he did not know the order of them and nothing had been set-up. They remained in the box. Pete asked the guy to think of a card. I played along in my head and did too. We both thought of the three of hearts Smile

Pete pointed out that the guy was guessing and asked him to change his mind and really feel it. He thought of the six of clubs. So did I!

Pet asked him to name a number he named 17. Guess what!?! I was thinking 17 too.

The guy got the cards out of the box, dealt down....

I guess you know the rest by now Smile

It was the 6 of clubs Smile

Along the way he taught a method for divining pin numbers a child could do, obviously getting Ben back by stating his, as well as ways of naming childhood friends. Amazing stuff.

Well done to Steve for keeping things moving along smoothly. I look forward to TMXVI

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Sounds like a great event. I need to make the effort and attend one someday.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of rasp
Anthony nailed the day in his review.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
They are great fun MP. I missed this one unavoidably but will be at the next.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
It was a very good day indeed.

steve
BrettASykes
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of BrettASykes
Was an amazing experience. These guys minds are superb! Great to meet so many of you.
Garbo
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Garbo
Are these events invite only?
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Ben_cardall
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Ben_cardall
Was a genuinely fun and awesome day!!!
♠Sylar♠
View Profile
New user
UK
82 Posts

Profile of ♠Sylar♠
Sound like an amazing time, really hope I can make the next one.

Sylar
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tabula Mentia XV - Review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL