The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Regal Live in the U.K. 3 DVD SET (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Full 52 is extremely proud and pleased to announce that Blackpool 2014 will see the official release of our brand new three disk set - 'David Regal In the UK'!

"One of the best thinkers in magic." - Dean Dill

"I'm so jealous of Regal's creativity - he always fools me...always!" - Andy Nyman

Join David Regal on this whirlwind tour of the UK and along the way, find out exactly why he is universally acknowledged among his peers as one of the most prolific, imaginative and original magic creators of modern times.

Over this jam packed, triple disk set you’ll discover 28 original Regal effects - all fully explained! This is killer material suitable for a host of venues - a lot of it NEW and UNPUBLISHED - and has never been on video before!

You’ll also have your own personal front row seat at David’s Star Lecture! Shot on multiple camera’s for the optimum viewing experience, this hour and a half long lecture covers no less than 12 original Regal effects!

And, there’s MORE! There’s a TON of additional content (accessible via your computer) on these disks including notes, and printable props.

DISK ONE CONTENTS
Monte Python
Sticker Shock
Nothing to Hide
The Survey
The Secret
A Quiet Goodbye
Royal Jazz Quartet
Souvenir

DISK TWO CONTENTS
Consolidation
Letter Perfect
Sensitive Fingers
Sensitive Mind
Matter of Stat
Clink
Breaking the Rules
How to Cheat vol.1
Getting an Earful

DISK THREE - THE LECTURE
Vortex of Refreshment
The Hotel 52
Change for a Five
Restored Credit
A Quiet Goodbye
A Hook Up
Sudden Deck 2
The Puppy Trick
The Impossible Envelope
Cocoa
Wild Card
Mind Ball

http://www.full52.com/david-regal-in-the-u-k/
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1136 Posts

Profile of APC
I love everything that David has released, so I have a feeling I'll be purchasing this!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Just got it, will post a review soon!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I must admit, I'm very dissapointed. All the material is fantastic (as you would expect) but watching the first 2 dvd's was a painful experience. It was filmed in a pub with a few magicians and their girlfriends which made it PAINFUL to watch. I did not even stay through the explanations as Dave (sorry Dave) was just not saying anything and just standing there. I HIGHLY recommend this set if you can get over the HORRIBLY boring performances. Please film David do a show and then dissect it from now on. The lecture was good and there were 2 new things in there that were really good. As I said, 80 % is all a material but BORING to watch because of the performances.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
That's the real world Sashac, especially in the UK.

No hyped up L&L audiences in sight.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Jamie, I know, I currently live in the UK! I just wish they would have put some better performances on there than with John Archer and Paul Nardini (love them both, but I want some in the trenches, not in the trenches with friends!)
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I haven't seen this set but I will say this regarding taping magic: Filming live with real spectators is very difficult. It's a logistical nightmare. Filming in a "studio" setting or controlled environment with friends or colleagues is easier. The trade off is that you don't get those over the top reactions (which you CAN get in the UK, contrary to popular belief).

Like I said, I haven't seen the set so I don't know but isn't it more about the material than the performances? I mean, some of the best magic DVDs I've seen were filmed in people's living rooms. Good material is good material.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Cameron, I fully agree, but I would believe in the routines a lot more if I saw it in front in an actual show with a few live performances. That's were you get the real gold
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
True enough. But how many venues are like the Magic Castle in the UK? And booking a private theatre is expensive.
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
I've never seen David Regal give a boring performance! Just because the people watching didn't react, doesn't mean that you, the viewer can't react.

There is no over the top crowd around when I sit at home and read his books and I have a blast!

You don't need a crowd reaction to appreciate the material. David Regal has put out dvds with the L and L audience. There are also clips of him performing at the Magic Castle. I use his material and scripts and get great reactions.

I would love to hear more about the effects that are new and not in his books.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Most of the effects are new or new twists on old plots. Most of the things in th lecture are from Approaching Magic but most of the stuff on the DVD is new. There are a few really great effects with the stic#@ principle. There is a FANTASSSSSTIC effect with a two dollar bill, omg it's the best 2$ bill trick I've ever seen!
mellanp
View Profile
New user
Scranton, Pa.
54 Posts

Profile of mellanp
I disagree with Saschac. I think David performs the effects extremely well and the explanations were thorough -very easy to follow. I am doing two of the effects (Letter Perfect from Close-up and Personal and another Hummer effect) in my show! Cameron you are exactly correct. The real world isn't always in a studio. David Regal has a tremendously fertile mind and his magic is already considered "classic!" You would be remiss not to invest in this DVD set!
Tech Head Steve
View Profile
New user
Sussex, UK
60 Posts

Profile of Tech Head Steve
My two penneth worth for an old thread.

Very good triple DVD, well worth the money. I enjoyed the performances which being in a pub relaxed setting for me at least were far more relevant than something like L & L performances.
Be excellent to each other, especially me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Regal Live in the U.K. 3 DVD SET (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL