The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Beginners guide to mentalism...? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ethanbanks
View Profile
New user
Jersey
16 Posts

Profile of ethanbanks
Hey all,

I just wanted to know what would be a good place to start in mentalism. I really want to start mentalism and get into it, but I don't know where to start...

Cheers,

E
Love the life you live,

Live the life you love!
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
The search function is a great place to start as the question has been asked and answered plenty of times.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Read the material at the following link. It's free:

http://www.lybrary.com/the-thirtynine-st......-10.html
dzen871
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of dzen871
Searh through google "Mentalism for begginers site:www.themagiccafe.com"
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Start at the beginning. Don't get bogged down buying a bunch of stuff cause after you've spent a ton of money you will invariably come back here and ask the same question.

Books and books. Listen to Bob. I may as well not repeat it. Search for the answer to your question.

It all takes time. You have to be willing to put in the time.

Why do you want to learn mentalism?
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
First establish the goal you want to achieve, then buy the books necessary to achieve that goal. The best thing I can say is download the introduction to mentalism by Craig Browning before you even buy a book. http://www.lulu.com/shop/p-craig-brownin......606.html

This will give you all the info you are looking for now.
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Depending on what you want to do there are many options on where to start. My introduction to mentalism was "Miracles in Mentalism" compiled by Bob Nelson however if I were to recommend a starting point a great inexpensive book to obtain is "The Amateur Magician's Handbook" by Henry Hay. There is a excellent section on mentalism in there that in my opinion is well worth the minimal cost of the book. It really depends on what direction you are going with it. But there are some fundamental things that should be learned regardless which direction you are heading. But that is just my 2 cents.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Beginners guide to mentalism...? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL