The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Eraser game (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
This is the kind of moronic stupidity that makes me glad I got enough ass-whoopings when I was a kid.

http://on.aol.com/video/middle-school-wa......webmail2
~michael baker
The Magic Company
MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
It's like mumbley-peg all over again...
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2749 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Wow, I'm glad I was anti-social and didn't have any friends to try and talk me into something like this! Smile
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
And I thought "Indian Burns" were bad!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Yikes, I guess when Timmy and Porky became blood brothers on Lassie and spawned a whole generation of youngsters like me and my best bud to become blood brothers, they were dangerous times, huh? Guess what...me and my childhood blood brother are still alive and well. But then again, AIDS didn't exist in the fifties. I wouldn't suggest blood brotherhood today. The world is a different place.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2749 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2014, Bob1Dog wrote:
Yikes, I guess when Timmy and Porky became blood brothers on Lassie and spawned a whole generation of youngsters like me and my best bud to become blood brothers, they were dangerous times, huh? Guess what...me and my childhood blood brother are still alive and well. But then again, AIDS didn't exist in the fifties. I wouldn't suggest blood brotherhood today. The world is a different place.

Yes it is. A lot of things we did back then would be horribly dangerous today so why bring them up as if they were still valid?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Oh the humanity,

Let's see ...
Needle through arm
The pulse trick
Swallowing Razor blades
The finger chopper
The arm chopper
The spike and cup thing

On and on
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
[quote]On Apr 1, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:

Yes it is. A lot of things we did back then would be horribly dangerous today so why bring them up as if they were still valid?

I never suggested it was valid. In fact if you read my comment I said I wouldn't suggest blood brotherhood today.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Oh the humanity,

Let's see ...
Needle through arm
The pulse trick
Swallowing Razor blades
The finger chopper
The arm chopper
The spike and cup thing

On and on

You're comparing apples and well... fake apples. I wouldn't consider doing Needle through Arm these days. Not because it might inspire someone to try it, but rather that I spent years working for audiences that would do that and more for real. I've also worked with some of the best freaks in the business. These guys bled for their art. NtA pales by comparison.

What kids used to do to their bodies when I was growing up (while certainly crazy for the times) is nothing compared to what they are doing today. Considering what they are exposed to, and their likelihood of talking each other into it, I think intervening is for their own good, especially when the self-mutilation is potentially dangerous.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
frankvomit
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of frankvomit
Wow so that's what the cool kids are doing nowdays! hope it works well for them.
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2014, Michael Baker wrote:

What kids used to do to their bodies when I was growing up (while certainly crazy for the times) is nothing compared to what they are doing today. Considering what they are exposed to, and their likelihood of talking each other into it, I think intervening is for their own good, especially when the self-mutilation is potentially dangerous.

Yup, I'm sure your Great-Grandpa thought the stuff you did was perfectly wholesome.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
Agree. As a guy who is around teenagers a lot, I would say the knuckleheadeness factor has been fairly consistent throughout the years.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2014, Michael Baker wrote:

Yup, I'm sure your Great-Grandpa thought the stuff you did was perfectly wholesome.

I don't know. I wish I knew him.

There is no doubt that every generation of kids has its own knuckleheadness, as landmark stated. I'm just saying I don't disagree with parents, teachers, etc. stepping in to administer proper guidance. Not that all adults are capable of making great decisions, but I'd venture a guess that far fewer kids are any good at it.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Stupid kids, they should play "bloody knuckles" (aka Combs) like we used to. It was a lot of fun but like Michael said after some teacher started to noticed our knuckles all looked like hamburger they put the kibosh on it. Probably for the best.
kennewhitson
View Profile
New user
Kansas
69 Posts

Profile of kennewhitson
This was a big thing when I was in fifth grade, 1984, and I still carry the scar from "winning". Some things never change. Michael I also recieved a nice whoopin for my stupidity as well.
kennewhitson
View Profile
New user
Kansas
69 Posts

Profile of kennewhitson
This was a big thing when I was in fifth grade, 1984, and I still carry the scar from "winning". Some things never change. Michael I also recieved a nice whoopin for my stupidity as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Eraser game (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL