The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Fire Pit! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Our new house has a blank slate for a yard, but now we have a nice little seating area for under 100 dollars.

The river rock we had on our property. The palm stump was in the wash behind our house; I just dragged it up and water sealed it. The pit itself is a great size to fit a Weber replacement grill grate onto and cook steaks over a mesquite fire. I also really like the stones for the pit ring.

MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
Looks great! As someone living in Boston (... with a back yard roughly as big as a bedroom in a lot of other parts of the country), I'm especially jealous. Smile
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Thanks Mobility! Lugging all the river rock with no wheel barrow kicked my tail.

And I am normally not up in the day as I work nights. It was quite an adventure doing this all day in 81 degree heat!

Regarding Boston- I've always wanted to try a hot, buttery lobster roll. Please have one for me if it's your thing!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
You're going to have a lot of fun out there this summer!!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Nice job! I especially like the tree stump bench/table. Do you live near the beach as it appears there is a lot of sand around the perimeter of the fire pit.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Very nice job you did there! Smile
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Thanks all! Chrystal- I live in Arizona: all beach and no ocean! lol
MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2014, Theodore Lawton wrote:
I've always wanted to try a hot, buttery lobster roll. Please have one for me if it's your thing!

Oh, it's my thing all right. Smile
Tree
View Profile
Loyal user
Wiggle Wiggle
295 Posts

Profile of Tree
Nice Job Theo, just make sure those riser bricks are supposed to take the intense heat of a fire, some are known to explode, sending shards everywhere, especially ones made of cement. You don't want the family getting hurt.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2014, Tree wrote:
Nice Job Theo, just make sure those riser bricks are supposed to take the intense heat of a fire, some are known to explode, sending shards everywhere, especially ones made of cement. You don't want the family getting hurt.

Who knew??? Thanks for the heads up on that one.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Fire Pit! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL