The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I was arrested (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Last Saturday I was doing mentalism for one of the top 100 corporations on the east coast. I did a gig for them last year, they wanted me again. The corporation's vice-president is the one contacted me. The contract was for me to do 45 minutes for $5,500 (I agree it is low, but they had me previously.)

A drunk man in the audience kept being a heckler towards me. I was getting very frustrated. It caused me to mess up on a few of my lines. I did approach him to ask him to be quiet during my performance. He kept being a pest. I approached him again holding my breath. He grabbed me around the collar. I said "You better let me go." He would not. I shoved him off of me. He tripped and fell on the floor. The vice-president said to me "Pack up and get your stuff out the hall. We are not paying you anything." I told him it was the drunk guys fault. The vice-president said "That is the CEO of our corporation." I grabbed him grumbling you better pay for this or I am pressing charges. A few others employees pushed me against a wall. I was throwing punches only because I felt threatened. Three security guards arrived in the room and held me down restraining me. The police arrived and arrested me. I had to get a bail bondsman to let me out of jail.

What do you think I should do? I was thinking about apologizing to the vice-president and CEO. Maybe if I forget about the money, they will not press any charges towards me. At least I know I am never going to do anymore mentalism gigs for them anymore. I never felt this angry in all my life. Darn with those people.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Is this for real, or April Fools? Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
"Gozer the Traveller, he will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveller came as a large and moving Torb! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex Supplicants they chose a new form for him... that of a Giant Sloar! many Shubs and Zulls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Mike-

I was beginning to think that you forgot that today was April 1st when I didn't see a post from you this morning!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12089 Posts

Profile of John C
Exact same thing happened to me Mike exactly one year ago.
What was the company?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Brilliant Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2014, John C wrote:
Exact same thing happened to me Mike exactly one year ago.
What was the company?

My attorney told me to never disclose that information with anyone because it could lead to defamation of character.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Like Bob and John, I was wondering too. I visited here this morning just for my Dynamike April 1st post.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Did your cell mate make you scream like a little girl that night? Just asking............
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4921 Posts

Profile of landmark
So will you be on a TV court show again, this time doing mentalism? Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
LOL
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Two april fools in one!
The best part was the 5,500$!:)
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2014, KiKi wrote:
The best part was the 5,500$!:)

I thought that was low, too. Good one, Dynamike!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Smile Wasn't make Mike robbed last year or two years ago around the same day :p
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Yea it was two years ago, Kannon.

April Fools to the ones who thought the story was real. It never happened. So many of figured it out because you know I can control my temper.

The reason I posted it late is because I had a summons to appear as a juror yesterday morning. Next, I had personal things to catch up with. Next year I will post it early like the previous times.

In a way I did get some of the ones who thought I was going to post it early. You came looking for the thread in the morning, but thought I forgot about. Smile

Thanks guys.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I was also looking forward for another April fool gag from Mike and thought that he forgot this year. But he came through again! LOL

Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I was arrested (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL