The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Linking rings by yourself (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gadujadu
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Gadujadu
Im thinking about makeing 4 linking rings by myself. Did anyone try to do that? Maybe someone know how to make it? Write On ! (Im thinking about 10" rings)
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
Are you a metal worker? Getting them round and uniform would be a problem if you don't have the experience or equipment. Also, chrome plating the finished rings would be expensive as well. You might choose brass instead. If you have access to all the technology then go for it. Otherwise, a 10" set should be available much cheaper and with less hassle.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
You can make the rings yourself, if you can do a resistance butt welding or an upset welding, to become a smooth welding point.
I made them this way of steel round. Then they became a brass plating and after that the chrome plating.
That's the only way to do it right!!
David95
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of David95
You can make them out of stainless steel and polish them up. I rolled mine around a piece of pipe. About a 8" pipe will get a 10" ring because of spring back. Getting the weld smooth so the rings spin good was the hardest part for me.
David
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have a set of rings (in storage) made by using a /14-inch thicness 6-inch diameter aluminum pipe. Whoever made the just cut off 1/4-inch pieces. Interesting, eh? Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Jay Msrshall made his own (many years ago!) NINE inch rings. He made six rings. He told me that after he was using them for awhile, he realized that he was only USING Five of them!

He needed nine inch diameter rings for the 'nose; gag.

It's Jay's "fault" that I do the rings, today. (hee hee)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Jay Msrshall made his own (many years ago!) NINE inch rings. He made six rings. He told me that after he was using them for awhile, he realized that he was only USING Five of them!

He needed nine inch diameter rings for the 'nose; gag.

It's Jay's "fault" that I do the rings, today. (hee hee)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Linking rings by yourself (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL